Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to fit some 08 sti rims to my 10 fxt. The off set on the sti is + 55 plus an adapter which is 25mm. Will I be able to run this? Or is this all just wishful thinking?

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
966 Posts
It will push the wheels out, giving you an effective +30 offset, which means that your wheels will poke out from the fenders a little. It will be a more "hellaflush" fitment.

You might need to play with camber and/or roll the fenders to get them to fit.

finally some people will say it will hurt the bearings.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
just get another set of wheels that actually fit. FYI the wheel adapters come w/ longer studs. and your bearings will crap the bed, not right away - but they will eventually...

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
How much are wheels and adapters? For under a grand you can get a very nice set of wheels with tires.

Those wheels are supposedly 28lbs each (54lbs with tires). That is insanely heavy. Spacers will give you even more unsprung weight. I know you really like those wheels and they would probably look very nice, but just be aware of the weight difference -- you'll probably gain 15-20lbs PER CORNER vs. the stockers :icon_eek:

Stan

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
yep that's pretty much the consensus. I'm guessing you saw the SPT mag with the SH on the cover sporting the 08 STi rims (which btw brand new are $900 each).

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, saw the pacific imports forester sti conversion. The sti rims make the car look so much more aggressive. What are the smallest adapters on the market?

·
Registered
2000 Forester
75 Posts
Any changes in offset also voids factory spec alignment angles, what with scrub radius changes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts