Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i posted earlier about messing up the fuel gauge on the wife's 2010 forester 2.5. it bounces off so it never reads right and i was looking to have it repaired, only to find that nobody apparently does that kind of work. they usually say it is too new and they don't work on them

i have found a wrecked 2010 2.5X limited and am working on pricing the instrument cluster for it but before i pick it up, i need to know if it is a simple plug-n-play deal. it has about 3K more miles on the odometer, but that's not a concern as i can hold off on installation for a few months until we reach the mileage reflected on the used one (we have a couple of big trips coming up where we'll reach the mileage in pretty short order). i found a few 2009's, but the colors are different on those (more blue in the number surrounds)

·
Registered
2010 forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not counting on it since i went and messed it up myself. if i haven't found anything by next oil change time, i'll tell them about it and let them decide what to do at the dealership. hopefully they'll have mercy on me since the service guy that answered was giving me the runaround on the tpms, but i'm not gonna count on it. luckily, we got $1100 back from the first warranty refund we had on our other car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts