Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any Web site that lists Forester software updates or do I just check periodically (via WiFi on mine)?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I connected my Forester to my home WiFi and checked and it said it was up-to-date. I was at the dealership a few days later and they checked their computer and there was an update (just not available via WiFi).

I’ve heard that Subaru is testing it on a model (can’t remember which) and hasn’t turned it on for the Forester or other models yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
admin
6,618 Posts
Outbacks have been having issues with their updates. Bricked head units have been reported. Unless there is a real reason to update I'd suggest waiting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I subsequently heard that currently the WiFi update check for the Forester always tells you there are no updates. So it would be great if we could check a Web site for update info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agreed, it would be great to know what software updates are available in order to figure out if if it’s worth a trip to the dealer (if the WiFi updates aren’t enabled)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I have been saying for almost 10 months on this forum that the WiFi update feature is not active. It will always tell you that you are up to date because it isn't connecting to anything beyond your WiFi. Subaru calls the headend capability a "Future Feature" and no one knows if it will ever be turned on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks very much! I registered, downloaded the Windows app, and found that there was an update dated April 4 so will proceed to download and install.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks very much! I registered, downloaded the Windows app, and found that there was an update dated April 4 so will proceed to download and install.
I just did the same, but now that it is downloaded to my PC, what are the next steps to installing it in my Subaru?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I downloaded the file to a usb drive, and am now in my car installing the update. Looks like a normal install.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have been saying for almost 10 months on this forum that the WiFi update feature is not active. It will always tell you that you are up to date because it isn't connecting to anything beyond your WiFi. Subaru calls the headend capability a "Future Feature" and no one knows if it will ever be turned on.
They can't get the iPods to properly work with the headunits... Wifi? No, not anytime soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
securityguy
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing