Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether the grilles on 2005 and 2008 Foresters are interchangeable ? Also how do you remove the bottom of a 2008 grille.The top was easy.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
MY03-MY05 grilles are interchangeable, and MY06-MY08.

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,963 Posts
There are 3 styles on the SG, 03-05, 06-08 standard, and 06-08 sport.
You can swap any 03-05, and any 06-08, but not between the two.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
If you're referring to removing the one-piece upper grille from your MY08, there are clips holding it in place at the top, and the grille itself clips into a lip in the bumper cover at the bottom. If this is the lower section you're referring to, a quick pull on the lower section of the grille away from the front of the vehicle should pop it free...

If not, please elaborate.
sorry if I'm coming across rather harsh

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
There is also a slight difference between the 03 and 04/05 grills. They are interchangeable, but the 03 grills are a single aluminum piece, where as the 04/05 Grills are molded ABS with a detachable chrome trim ring.

When I blacked out an 03 grill a few years ago, I sanded it down and you can actually sand off the stock gunmetal paint and polish the grill up real nice if that was your thing.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
There is also a slight difference between the 03 and 04/05 grills. They are interchangeable, but the 03 grills are a single aluminum piece, where as the 04/05 Grills are molded ABS with a detachable chrome trim ring.

When I blacked out an 03 grill a few years ago, I sanded it down and you can actually sand off the stock gunmetal paint and polish the grill up real nice if that was your thing.
Do you have any pictures of this? Are the points where the clips that mount the grill to the car made of aluminum as well? I broke some of the plastic bits and a friend has a beat up 03 forester that would trade grills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts