Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have just bought front and rear ARB's from an STI impreza, 20mm front and 19mm rear, wheres the best place to get bushes? would a motorfactors stock them or is it an online job?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh, perfect, thanks.

is it possible to change these with the weight of the car on its wheels, or does it have to be supported elsewhere?

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
I did my rears with the car on the deck with no problems... Not sure about the front ARB.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
ahh, perfect, thanks.

is it possible to change these with the weight of the car on its wheels, or does it have to be supported elsewhere?
You MUST torque everything down with the car on the ground (ie the endlink bolts, and the bushing brackets). I found it easiest to put whatever end up on ramps while working on it. You won't be able to get everything lined up if you have the car jacked up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, not got my trolley jack handy at the mo, so i will breathe in deeply and try it on the deck.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
best to leave the car on the ground while you do it and in answer to your question, you can do the fronts quite easily with the car on the ground. its a 10 minute job tops!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, came across a bit of a problem...

The reason i was putting new ones on, was that my front one had snapped, so i got on ebay... thought that while i was at it I would fit STI ones (a genuine <60 mod!). Tuns out the one that was on there was a 22mm one! but the rear appears standard. Now the problem is that the ones i have got (two separate auctions) appear to be 19mm front and 20mm rear! im stumped, especially as the ebay ad said ''front 20mm STI''.

I suppose this isnt really a problem as foresters tend to understeer anyway?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
It all depends what year Sti they are from.

What year/model Forester have you got? (useful if its mentioned in your profile or signature :biggrin:)

UK versions upto MY02 are 19F/13R

UK versions MY03 onwards are 21F/17R

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive got a 1997 S-Tb

i will just fit the ones ive got, will be an improvement to the snapped one! and the skinny rear one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts