Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cud some1 plz tell me how i can i tell if i have the standard arb on my fozz, also does the ic have a electrical connection, this is my first turbo car and dnt knw much about the turbo side of thngs, and also do i have a standard boost solonoid as i cnt find it, thanks all. if i have

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
How we going to tell if you have the standard ARB chap...? Do you want to post some pics up or something...? :biggrin:

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant post any pics at the moment im using my fone to post threads and replys, i dont knw weather the arb have been changed il google the pictures of the standard ones to compare or wud some1 on here be good enough to put both the standard and the upgraded 1s wud be much appreciated. With the ic, i want to take it off to make sure everythns tight and secure underneath, with the boost solonoid, i stil cnt find it iv looked at the link but cnt find it in my engine bay, i think its supost to be on the wing but cnt see it, mines a my99 cud it be somware else' thanks for the reply guys.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,868 Posts
with the boost solonoid, i stil cnt find it iv looked at the link but cnt find it in my engine bay, i think its supost to be on the wing but cnt see it, mines a my99 cud it be somware else' thanks for the reply guys.
To find the boost control solenoid (Wastegate control Solenoid) just follow the small bore pipework from the turbo as shown in the Scoobypedia link but for ease this is the picture...

Its on the UK drivers-side(RH) suspension tower tucked behind the air filter box.

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep i got the standard arb, shud i change the links aswel as changing the arb,what are ppl charging for them, seems easy enough to do the work my self, and wot about the front is there anythn i need to change there. Thanks

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for that pic don but that doesnt look like my actuator solenoid, mine has the pipe from the actuator t piece to the solenoid but there isnt another pipe goin to it theres just a electrical connector pluged into it, do i have a single port solenoid, is it possible, thanks.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,868 Posts
Your pipework should look like one of the following diagrams...........

boost control solenoid is item 6 on this diagram
http://opposedforces.com/parts/fore...culation/emission_control_egr/illustration_1/

and item 9 on this one..........
http://opposedforces.com/parts/fore...culation/emission_control_egr/illustration_2/

If one side vents to atmosphere, you would be advised to fit the pipework that goes back to the air inlet pipe as it will probably affect your boost.

If you connect the green connectors under the dash the ecu should go into test mode and cycle through various relays and solenoids including the boost control solenoid which should be heard clicking.

Solenoid shown in following is a 3 port but principle is the same......
Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Cleaning Boost Control Solenoid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts