Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Alrighty, the first weekend in May has been shifted to the last weekend in April the 29th. Sun., the 30th wants some 'real' off-roaders, Brown Mountain, Heck Creek Rd., Hurricane Ridge anyone??? (lowered cars, need not apply :wink: )
Edit of date happening NOW!!!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Judy & Richard - that's a great idea! It's much cheaper to fly to Atlanta but once they get up here they can stay with us. They'll have their choice of Foresters to drive!

Let's all chip in to get them out here!!!!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
LOL, you guys are great! :D We would probably do it if the meet didn't coincide with Rim of the World out here in Lancaster, and our NorCal meet a couple of weeks later...

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
pleiad7 said:
LOL, you guys are great! :D We would probably do it if the meet didn't coincide with Rim of the World out here in Lancaster, and our NorCal meet a couple of weeks later...
In the Fall we will bug you again to come and visit during our WNC weekend meet. :wink:
What are your September schedules looking like?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
September should work, I think... :) I don't think we have any other plans yet.

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
pleiad7 said:
September should work, I think... :) I don't think we have any other plans yet.
Come on over, and I think I speak for everyone around here, your welcome anytime meet or not. 8) Then again, it would be safe to say that if you were to show up a meet would be arranged. :D

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
Then again, it would be safe to say that if you were to show up a meet would be arranged. Very Happy
I do believe this would actually be the case regardless of when and if it should occur.

·
Registered
2006 Forester, LLBean 4EAT
163 Posts
I'm gonna have to see if I can make it. But I'd really like to join in on any off-road part, especially knowing that Carl has already done the recon on some good runs.

In fact, the new Fozza suffered its first body damage this past weekend, while driving from CT back to DC on I-95 during a snow storm. I passed two salt trucks that were blasting salt out their side so hard that it chipped my paint all along the right side. :( Why the f*ck do they have to use salt anyway?!?

On the upside, now that my car is damaged, I might as well start to do some real damage to it off-road. :twisted:

Escher

PS: Carl, to you still have one of those old-style ORS.com stickers that you offered up some weeks/months ago? Now that I finally have my Fozza, I can't find the ones I got from TonyW anymore. :?

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Escher said:
I'm gonna have to see if I can make it. But I'd really like to join in on any off-road part, especially knowing that Carl has already done the recon on some good runs.

On the upside, now that my car is damaged, I might as well start to do some real damage to it off-road. :twisted:

Escher

PS: Carl, to you still have one of those old-style ORS.com stickers that you offered up some weeks/months ago? Now that I finally have my Fozza, I can't find the ones I got from TonyW anymore. :?
I only need one more off-roader to get the ball rolling. 8) Hope you can make it.

I think I can help you out with a sticker, e-mail or PM me your addy. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
84 days and counting.
I hope we have a sunny weekend because the weather here as of late has just plain sucked. I know we might need the rain and the mild temps are nice but I haven't even washed my XT since December. I guess I am missing that intimate time with my Forester lol.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
yelnats_J said:
84 days and counting.
I hope we have a sunny weekend because the weather here as of late has just plain sucked. I know we might need the rain and the mild temps are nice but I haven't even washed my XT since December. I guess I am missing that intimate time with my Forester lol.
Then quit posting on here, and go give your girl a proper massage (with a happy ending!!) ;)

I'm sure she'll need the full beauty treatment, and a day with you being her spa attendant would work wonders.

1. Massage
2. Waxing
3. Pedicure (wheel cleaning)
4. Cleansing (interior detail)

...you get the idea. I bet you gain at least 10 IHP from doing this.

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Time to get down to some serious buisness...:D

I'm proposing a couple of changes (since we're deviating a bit already;)).

First; meet at the same 10:00am time at the Sycamore Flats picnic area and have an early lunch. Since we hang out in the visitors center parking lot anyway, why not eat while we're at it???

Second; split drives, gravel crew and 'lower' life form tarmac crew (need a trip leader volunteer). Since we've had lunch already, we've got more time for driving. We could plan the routes to take about the same amount of time and converge in the Asheville area for dinner, say around 4:00pm. Lots of options for tasty places to eat, choosing could be tough.

Third; I wanna' go off-roading!!! Sunday, weather permitting, I'm thinking Brown Mountain. Brown Mountain is about an hour and a half east of Asheville. This is for serious inquires only!!! I think that all six miles of trails may be do-able in a Subie. I've gotten in about 1/4 of a mile but the weather was getting ugly and I was by myself so I had to bail out. A sump guard is highly reccomended, you will get under carriage scrapes, body scratches are likely, and I'll be carrying recovery gear.:cool:
Here's a few pics;

None of this is set in stone, I'm just looking for ways to make it better and more fun, so any and all input is greatly appreciated.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
carljwnc said:
... A sump guard is highly reccomended, you will get under carriage scrapes, body scratches are likely, and I'll be carrying recovery gear.:cool:
Now that sounds like fun! I hope you don't scare everyone away. :eek:

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
MountainBiker said:
Now that sounds like fun! I hope you don't scare everyone away. :eek:
Looks like I scared everyone away:rolleyes:, why don't you come out and join us, I know you ain't skaired.;)

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
carljwnc said:
Looks like I scared everyone away:rolleyes:, why don't you come out and join us, I know you ain't skaired.;)
Let's see. If I could take an early retirement, I'd be there! Trouble is, that is about another 15-20 years out. :eek:

Well Carl, I think you successfully skeered 'em all away! If only we had some more adventurous Subaru owners in the US, we'd be more like our friends down under! :D

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
MountainBiker said:
Let's see. If I could take an early retirement, I'd be there! Trouble is, that is about another 15-20 years out. :eek:

Well Carl, I think you successfully skeered 'em all away! If only we had some more adventurous Subaru owners in the US, we'd be more like our friends down under! :D
Have you ever heard of Fish Rock Road? We just did that road today. Yeah, come on the spirited drive, AND get your off-road going!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Hello again. We just about dropped off the face of the earth? :oops:

While we would LOVE to go... (especially the off roading part), we will not be able to make it in April. :sad:

However, we just might have to arrange to travel to Brown Mountain & Trail 4 of Tellico.:drool:

Now, where's this Fish Rock Road?:think:

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
RubasuGirl said:
Now, where's this Fish Rock Road?:think:
Fish Rock Road is out in the SF Bay Area somewhere, a bit of a drive for us.:drive:

Sorry we'll miss you in April, but sometime this spring/summer/fall, Brown Mountain, and Trail 4.:cool:

Now, where is everyone else :?::?::?: Every time I try to solicite some input, everyone runs and hides.:-? I'm gonna' have to do some of this :buttkick:, or this :poke:, or maybe even some of this:Banane36:.

Hello!?!?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Ok i need more info on this... i am going to rule out the off roading part of this i love my car tooooo much. but what does the tarmac part intail???? i am intrested and free the weekend that this is planed for just need more info.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts