Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 6 years & 126k of trouble free, faithful service, I was made an offer I couldn't refuse trading in my '04 Appliance White FXT Premium Auto for a 2010 Outback 3.6R Ltd. I use my vehicles for business & I was just out of room in the FXT where the larger dimensions of the new Outback swallows it all up in back clearing & regaining rear seating & floorboard space. My son, who also owns an '04 FXT since new, just became a 2 Forester owner with his wife falling in love with the 2010 model.
Though I haven't participated on the forum for sometime, I still appreciate the wealth of information & camaraderie that exists on this board.
Thanks,
Bill H.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Post some pics of the outback! I've been trying to get my dad into one for a while now. He needs a new car!

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,739 Posts
My car that I traded for my '10 Forester was a 2001 Outback. I still miss it, but not as much as I originally thought. You can't go wrong with an Outback, as it is still within the family:).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Video card went down & had to wait on a replacement to install....
I miss the FXT but I enjoy the additional space & comfort of the 3.6R. However, the relationship didn't start out very well with the Outback being put on a flatbed back to the dealer 120 miles away...initial concern was from all the oil standing on top of the engine (1 pic of many, attached) - final paperwork on the sale hadn't been tendered yet. Fortunately, it was only a timing chain cover leak (dipstick measure oil level in the timing chain cover well). After picking up the car, it threw a steady CEL & VDC light along with flashing Cruise & Brake warning lights 10 miles from the house. The local dealer cleared the code for the gas cap (checked multiple times) but it threw the same code 2 days later forcing another trip back to the dealer who ordered a new gas cap which was just installed yesterday...good, cause it kills the cruise control.... I originally felt the FXT tried to sabotage the sale.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts