Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Members of the Forum,

I'd like to formally apologize for staging (faking) a car accident, which many thought claimed my FXT. This was a practical joke that was meant to feed the piranhas in the secret forum, who were taking bets on when I'd total my Forester. As immature as it was to stage a car accident, I believe it was equally immature and malignant for a forum moderator to create a thread that allowed others to bet on when I'd crash my car.

Furthermore, another member's name was drug through the mud when transcripts of chats and Facebook postings were copied and pasted into the thread. Obviously, this allowed others to speculate and gossip about private matters in our lives. Those actions were unwarranted, unappreciated, and inexcusable.

That said, I've already communicated offline with the many members, and we are working things out in a civil manner. I will continue posting here as long as I am welcome, and I hope you all understand the reasoning behind my actions, as immature as they were. :biggrin: It won't happen again! :bacon:

Sincerest apologies,

Dempsey

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,719 Posts
Everyone does things they may regret later on. Not all people are willing to acknowledge their mistakes. Life is a learning experience & I'm sure you'll remember this one! :wink:

Apology accepted. :smile:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
It takes a big guy to admit it when he's wrong.

Apology accepted!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,733 Posts
Adult behavior has always been the ethic of this forum. It’s something we all have strived to uphold since the very beginning, and it’s frequently the subject of compliments we receive from members who have spent time on sites with a different view on the subject.

This recent experience was not in keeping with our ethic of adult behavior. The staff let the members down by not getting this under control sooner, and a number of our members succumbed to behavior that was not their normal mode of adult conduct. We all need to make this a learning experience.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
We all do things that we regret later. The most important thing is how we handle them afterwards. Kudos to you Dempsey for handling this in a mature manner.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
Members of the Forum,

I'd like to formally apologize for staging (faking) a car accident, which many thought claimed my FXT. This was a practical joke that was meant to feed the piranhas in the secret forum, who were taking bets on when I'd total my Forester. As immature as it was to stage a car accident, I believe it was equally immature and malignant for a forum moderator to create a thread that allowed others to bet on when I'd crash my car......
I see no need for an apology here. Members of this forum betting on when some one may crash, betting on when one may die. Crashes can be fatal people, the members in this betting pool need to look more at them self. Just because it goes on behind the proverbial closed door, does not make it OK. Your potentially betting on some ones life:chair:

If I were in your shoes Snoshado I would have done the same thing had I found out about it. Make the crash tread, let them pay the winner, then post how all the looses got screwed out of their money. Getting even so to speak. I think the wrong member/s is making an apology here.

Just my thoughts:
flstffxe

PS. Snoshado, I'd say you are still welcome in my book.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
I have no problem with you as long as you dont cry wolf again. If you **** up, admit it. If you dont, continue to roll on. On some forums im on, people would call you an attention whore for posting that, even if it was a joke.

Basically, be cool man and roll on.

And remember, the internet is serious business! LOL

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
Adult behavior has always been the ethic of this forum. It’s something we all have strived to uphold since the very beginning, and it’s frequently the subject of compliments we receive from members who have spent time on sites with a different view on the subject.

This recent experience was not in keeping with our ethic of adult behavior. The staff let the members down by not getting this under control sooner, and a number of our members succumbed to behavior that was not their normal mode of adult conduct. We all need to make this a learning experience.
Couldn't have said it better myself. In the name of everyone involved in the thread in question, I'd like to apologize to Dempsey as well.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
me...

Glad you didn't wreck your Forester. Sorry about betting about when you 'might get in an accident'. No excuses from me.

me hitting myself :chair:

No one wants you to crash. We are just worried about you and we chose a malignant way to express that amongst
ourselves.

Sorry again....

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Sure, it was a lame thing to do. HOWEVER, props to you for admitting it and apologizing.

I agree with above, seems the people who bet on you should be apologizing too (which it seems they are)...

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
me...

Glad you didn't wreck your Forester. Sorry about betting about when you 'might get in an accident'. No excuses from me.

me hitting myself :chair:

No one wants you to crash. We are just worried about you and we chose a malignant way to express that amongst
ourselves.

Sorry again....
lol.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
You've earned my respect. Glad to have "kids" like you around here. PLEASE stay.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Just keep in mind Chat Room's, Facebook and this forum are public places that elicit responses from participants, if you want to keep something private don't do it on a public domain because anyone participating will read it and speculate or respond to it.

As far as the "secret forum", it was a perk for anyone who was a Contributing Member, long before Autoguides purchase of the site, and because of those members contributing financially, this site that you and I participate on, is here today. If you were a Contributing Member before recently you probably would have participated yourself in the forum, just maybe not that thread. That "perk" was there long before I became aware of it and has served it's purpose.

As far as anyone starting a bet thread I'm positive, eventually someone would have started a similar thread in General or Off-Topic. I wouldn't expect you to take everyones advice, but you have ignored some very good advice from members here regarding your XT purchase that you are now finding out the hard way. Yes I succumbed to participating at a less than mature level, so I am sorry about that.

We do hope you stick around and contribute, as I have said before to my fellow Mods and Administrators, we have a number of young members here who display a level of maturity I would have not expected.
Welcome Back

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
574 Posts
Forgiveness is good for all parties involved in a situation. And saying your sorry is the act of a reasonable adult who's choosing to use his head. By examining the things we do in life, right or wrong, we learn and grow as people. In my opinion you are very welcome here on a forum I've enjoyed for years because of the class of people we have here. Keep on posting my man.
Kenny.

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
What's the big deal, it was a Fools' Day joke, people grow up ! He explained later in the thread it was a joke, no need to apologize.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.