Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it would be possible to buy 1 AP and use it on a 04 and a 06 just upload diffferent maps when using it? they are both auto so I thought that it would work.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Nope...

Cobb put in a program which you have to "marry" the ECU to the AP. This prevents you from buying the AP, setting all your friends up with maps, and they lose business.

·
Premium Member
04 XT
733 Posts
Even if it would work(I doubt it) you would have to unmarry it everytime you switched vehicles. They both couldn't be installed at the same time. And supposed reflash limit is 100 times?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm alright just wondering cause my dad has a 06 and ihave a 04 and if I got the AP wondering if he could use it too.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Yep answer is no. Even if you could, the 04 and 06 maps are different.

Fishdizzle said:
hmm alright just wondering cause my dad has a 06 and ihave a 04 and if I got the AP wondering if he could use it too.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
The 06 has the immobilizer and the 04 doesn't; that alone makes for a significant enough change in ECU programming to prevent you from using the AP on both cars.

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
I had to wait a little longer than most 06 Sub owners for the 06 FXT Ap to be released. If it was the same, then they would have been selling it right away. IIRC, Subaru changed something in the computers for 06 for more processing power - whatever that really means.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts