Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run the economy mode in the AccessPort for a full tank of gas yet. I will eventually once the novelty of stage1 wheres off. Can anyone post their MPG in economy mode? I'd love to see same numbers as a N/A 2.5L .

X

·
0 Posts
I haven't a clue what an access point is, but as the subject of mileage is raised I thought I'd drop in and say the mpg from my 2.5XTn has been a pleasant surprise.

I purchased it in Dec anticipating 22-25mpg (imperial) - so far it has returned 25-27 mpg and on one run avaraged 30. An imperial gallon equals 1.2 US gallons

Living in the land of the $8 gallon (approx) and having a job that had me driving 30k a year I had no choice but to run a diesel, it was an Audi, gave 46-48mpg and was hardly shabby. Now I do less than 10k/year so could afford a thirstier car.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
I regularly get 25 mpg with stage 2. I ran econo mode for a tank and got 23 mpg. Needless to say, I immediately switched back to stage 2. :)

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I'm very interested in hearing more about the Cobb Economy Mode as well as other testimonials about mileage on the FXTs. I don't currently own an FXT but I've been actively thinking of springing for one. The mileage is probably the biggest holdup I have.

My current Focus SVT has a 2.0L w/ 6-speed and it's only FWD and it's a struggle around town to get 20-23 mpg and highway mileage I can sometimes eek out 30 mpg. Overall, I can't understand why that car guzzles premium unleaded given its size and drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Tried the econo map when Moose was stage 1 and it didn't make a difference. Maybe it was my driving style. The way the econo map seems to limit boost drove me nuts.

With the shelf stage 1 map I regularly saw 25 mpg on long freeway trips. Since I've been on the protuned stage 2 map it's more like 21-22 mpg for those same trips.

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must have some really bad driving habits. I haven't seen over 20mpg yet! 8)

I have started car pooling with a guy from work. So I have eased off on the gas some what, i dont want to scare him too much. :D

Maybe I'll break the 20mpg barrier this tank.

P

·
0 Posts
gulp!

After finally installing a CAI, the needle seems to be dropping a little quicker ... faster spool, but I think that the boost is sorta limited. Time for a c/b exhaust & tuning.. any recomendations?

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Xantia56: I did a double take on the price of your gas. $8 gallon !!! OH jeeze. Yeah i'd own a geo if that happens here. Yikes.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
FXTRunner1 said:
Xantia56: I did a double take on the price of your gas. $8 gallon !!! OH jeeze. Yeah i'd own a geo if that happens here. Yikes.
Nah, just a diesel, like his.

MB's latest diesel, slated for 2007:
Rated for 211 horsepower and an impressive 398 pound-feet of torque, this 24-valve, direct-injection V6 is fitted with piezoelectric injectors that allow for more precise fuel spray into the combustion chambers, and a turbocharger with a variable-nozzle turbine, basically a set of adjustable vanes that directs the recirculation of exhaust gases. There's also a particulate filter to reduce the amount of soot that comes out of the car's tailpipe.
Or a VW GT TDI:
http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/NewsID/2050829.004/volkswagen/1.html

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to have a 1979 diesel rabbit. I bought it with 200,000 miles on it and got 44 mpg. 0-60 was impressive. It took 2 days to get to 60! ha. But it think that a twin turbo on the new vw is a great idea, good for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts