Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading over at the other site that this is a service that PDX provides.

Apparently, you give them your setup/mods and they email you a quasi-custom tune map.

Has anyone tried this?

Curious....it seems for those that are great distances from a COBB tuner (me) this would be a good option. I understand that all cars are not the same and that a dyno/road tune is the best tune, but it is still very thought provoking.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
PDX has a great record and loads of experience under their belts. This would definitely be good for many people. Even for people who have a tuner around them but don't want to shell out for dyno time and price of a custom tune. PDX can probably whip up some pretty good Stage 1 and Stage 2 maps. Possibly better than Cobb's.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
its about time somebody steps up to bypass Cobbs R&D with custom maps of their own via internet.

·
Mexican Lorider
2004 FXT 5MT
439 Posts
TDC tuning does Internet tuning as well. Although theres is a little more involved in that he sends you a base map, has you do some datalogging to e-mail back to him, makes some adjustments to your base map, then e-mails your custom map back to you. All for $150. $350 for custom road tune.

Gator...once again, there is always someone coming to Tampa if you prefer a custom road tune. Jon from TDC is supposed to be here sometiime this month (possibly next) to do some AP protuning.
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/282579-tdc-tuning-session-feb.html

or if you prefer, Doug from TopSpeed (for EcuTEK or AP ProTune)...
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/subaru-tech/285054-doug-top-speed.html

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx Snowman......as soon as I get the TMIC/EM choice/turbo/injectors that I am planning I will be contacting the appropriate link...
Thx for the link

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Ask them if they do street tuner versions of the maps also!

sirwilliam said:
I emailed them b/c it is too early to call and not sure if I will be able to call today b/c of work load.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Ask them if they do street tuner versions of the maps also!
Sorry, just got off the phone w/ Jarrad at PDX and didn't see this post so I didn't ask:(

But the good news is he said that he had a map similar to my mods already that he can tweek for me...YEAH! Just waiting for him to reply to my email...oh yeah, forgot to verify the cost of the map as well but I am sure he will w/ the reply.;)

Oh yeah, do the happy dance, do the happy dance!:p:p:p

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
He said he can only tweek a custom map if they have a base map from a past tuning of a vehicle w/ similar mods...so there is some limitation...but it is a step up from a straight shelf map but not as good as a protune...but in my situation it is good enough.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Let us know how the map is. I may try one of their maps for my setup. That's the beauty of the AP.. we can dab around if we like. What would be great if I could get a street tuner version of their map and get a street tuner version of my current map.. I could pickup street tuner and play around and have solid starting points.. That's if PDX will give me a ST map. I know my current tuner would with no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I'm currently emailing Jarrad about building a map for me. We're exchanging emails so I'll keep everyone posted on what the process is like.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Just talked to Jarrad...for $150 he will be supplying me w/ a starting safe base map for my mods and then 3-4 realtime maps for my setup (low boost, high boost, anti-theft, and I think one for crappy 91 oct gas;)...have to double check)...not a bad deal at all.

But I should have be getting it tomorrow and be driving it on Wednesday! Yeah!!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Lets us know. I was emailing back and forth with Jarrad and then he stopped replying. Either he got busy or he doesn't want to deal with more custom type setups.

·
Registered
2006 '06 FXT
835 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Lets us know. I was emailing back and forth with Jarrad and then he stopped replying. Either he got busy or he doesn't want to deal with more custom type setups.
He spends quite a bit of time on the road - doing "tunning days" at different places. He may be sporadic in responding to emails because of that.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Yeah, I'm being patient. I don't NEED a tune. It's more like I'm giving them my money to try them out. It's really to my advantage as my car is already protuned and runs well.

FXTIam said:
He spends quite a bit of time on the road - doing "tunning days" at different places. He may be sporadic in responding to emails because of that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I too am going to be going this route for both of my Subies. I got an email back from them, and it stated that I could rcognize 20-30 WHP and WTQ increases over both COBB Stage 2 maps (one on my STi and the other on my RS w WRX swap)

I'm excited!!!

Gonna be doing this sometime soon.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Yeah, pdx and Jarrad in particular an insanely busy all the time. Jarrad gets huge amounts of emails everyday. I ended up calling which gets a faster response.

I will hopefully be getting my map today.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts