1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i stumbled across this forester the other day

and well, damn i want that look lol !

So im guessing the fenders and hood scoop are one off parts and not available anywhere?

Also, anyone have any ideas on those wheels? Are they just way more offset than the stock ones, or you think there are spacers there too?

There isnt too good of a selection for off-road tires with my stock wheels, what size do you reckon is best / what size is in the picture, for getting more AT tire choices.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
I do know for sure the fender flares etc are all one offs. As well as EVERYTHING that was on the "recovery/EMS" Forester. Believe me, I quizzed 3 subaru sales guy at the last Denver auto show. Hell, most of the stuff on the EMS one wasn't even functional. They lifted it and added the fender rails in whatever way that basically made the thing undriveable.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but those wheels look like they have a crazy low offset.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've contacted bushwacker to see if they are planning on making them...

they make a lot of fender flares for other car brands like chevy, jeep, nissan, toyota, ford, hummer etc... Maybe if there is enough demand they will fabricate some for the forester. :woohoo:

.. I mean, they must have the plans lying around somewhere for the ones they made for the show.. They seem to fit pretty well.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but those wheels look like they have a crazy low offset.
They look like they're truck wheels, seems like its close to 0 offset actually, most solid axle/bigger trucks can run those no problem, but I definitely wouldn't run them with the weak 5x100 hubs, especially offroad. Looks like they're about 2 inches further out than stock, they stick out past those fender flares which stick out quite a bit past the stock body work.

I definitely like that scoop, interesting that they made one, the only scoops they have in their catalog are metal ones for the air vents on wranglers (which goto the hvac, never quite got the point of those scoops)

A little surprised they didn't make a molded roof mount light pod like what the jeep liberty had in the renegade package:

lol been hoping for one, think it would look cool on a forester but doesn't seem like anyone will ever make them (unless that mountain concept rescue vehicle had them? I know the concept baja had something along those lines)

Would be cool if someone could convince bushwacker to make a whole "renegade" body kit with all the parts in that show car. Always thought the liberty renegade looked cool, if only they did it on a real jeep.

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
647 Posts
the only scoops they have in their catalog are metal ones for the air vents on wranglers (which goto the hvac, never quite got the point of those scoops)
Those CJ, TJ, YJ scoops are intended to improve airflow to the interior and improve heater, defroster and vent flow. It also helps to keep debris out when wheelin'

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,306 Posts
For a "bushwacker", its missing one rather important part: a bull bar up front. Now if they did a good job on that too, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
6 Posts
I'm new to this forum and I have a 2009 Forester. I like the look of this bushwacker Forester. I contacted Matt at [email protected]. He said the fenders were done for 2008 SEMA show and the mold has been destroyed. I think if more members write bushwacker and request the fender be made they can see that there is a market for this product.

·
Registered
2010 Forester M
97 Posts
Subaru should just do an "Outback" version of the forester, that would probably cannibalize the real outback's sales though. I do love that look.

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
358 Posts
They've gone and done another one. And it is Bushwacker that created the fenders and other parts for this year's model. If they're willing to make a one off product, why not make a few more of them for interested owners (such as myself) to purchase some? All that R&D wasted.

There are a lot of things I like about that Foz. A bit extreme for everyday use, but really freakin' nice looking on a functional standpoint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
I've contacted bushwacker to see if they are planning on making them...

they make a lot of fender flares for other car brands like chevy, jeep, nissan, toyota, ford, hummer etc... Maybe if there is enough demand they will fabricate some for the forester. :woohoo:

.. I mean, they must have the plans lying around somewhere for the ones they made for the show.. They seem to fit pretty well.
I see you didn't have any luck with contacting them?
These would be awesome though...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts