Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, how do they ride/handle? What are your setting?

I had a 240SX with them and the ride quality was very abusive/violent.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
05 FXT 5MT
255 Posts
I've got them on my Impreza. I'm happy with them but the better half wants nothing to do with them. Maybe because I'm looking not in her eyes when I purposely hit the rough spots in the road!!!

Honestly though, with softer springs than they supply (8F/6R [Kg/mm]) I feel that they have enough damping range to still provide a soft ride for daily driving.

DISCLAIMER: I'm running these because they are very light, strong, and replacement parts are cheap. Oh, and they flat out work for my needs. My car is a nationally competitive autocrosser that's just a bit too heavy to lay the smakdown on the flyweight Civic's and old BMW 2002's. I've gotten to my intermediate goal of beating the VW's, and bringing home trophies from the SCCA Solo nationals. It's now time to up the ante. I'm running 600lb fronts and 450lb rears with the damper settings around 1.5 turns from soft up front and mid way to stiff in the back. This coming season, it's going to 750F/500R plus a little lower thanks to the sawzall and bolt on flares.

Here's a shot of them working pretty close to full cornering force. Mind you, the 275mm Hoosiers are doing most of the work.....

On a Forester driven daily with a craving for the twisties, I would ditch the 8K(f)/6K(r) springs in favor of 300lb fronts and 250lb rears and damp them soft.

If the Forester is taken offroad, I would look at different coilovers. The D2's do not have sufficient travel for trails (imho).

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
wow just goes to show you driver skill can overcome a pair of crappy coils. unfort i dont think any1 on here can drive as well as jay, so i dont recommend these.

plus if you have to start replacing springs, whats the point. find something that is good out of the box!

·
Registered
1998 Forester S manual
19 Posts
I had a set of D2's on my saab over less than half the price of a stock setup, and they worked great she didn't do autocross or anythign like that with them , but they lowered her car the way she like and the ride was liveable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts