2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3122

had them in our OB and they are very nice IMHO. They only work on the hi beams 9005 though so us SF and SG people can't use them. I just sold my bulbs to an OB guy while the site was down or I would have put them up here. They won't work on the B9 :(

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peaty. I'm going to try a set for my fogs.

Ok, I understand OB as Outback, what is SF (Subaru Forester?), SG (???) and while I'm on the subject...what does 'Bump' mean?

Excuse my ignorance...kinda of new to this forum stuff.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
SF is the first gen forester (98-02) and SG is the second generation (03-05) I think I got the years right. Bump just means that the person that posted that wants the thread to come to the top of the list or they want to "bump" it to the top. Somethimes they will do this "TTT" same thing but it means To The Top is all.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,727 Posts
Peaty said:
SF is the first gen forester (98-02) and SG is the second generation (03-05) I think I got the years right.
There are three distinct styles of taillights that always led me to believe that there were three generations of Foresters.

- Rectangular (vertical) on body only

- Rectangular (horizontal) on body and liftgate

- Triangular on body only (03-)

Are the first two simply variants of the official first generation?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
Both rectangular tailight styles belong to the SF body type (98-00 - vertical on body; 01-02 - horizontal on body/liftgate)

The SG's have the triangular taillights (03-06)

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, l I bought two set of HIR bulbs. One set for the high beams and another the fogs.

The high beams fit but were a little snug on the twist going on. The fogs, I can only twist half way then it stops and I don't want to force it. Tabs are trimmed. I noticed the base is a little thicker than the stock bulbs. I wonder if this is the problem.

Anyone else have a problem installing them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts