Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
302 Posts
I read the page and just had a lot of questions:

1. Where would you even test the fluid for this? At each wheel, at the master cylinder....
2. Doesn't corrosion inside the brake lines usually indicate needing to change out the brake lines?
3. What does this mean? "Improve brake fluid exchange service by 400%"
4. Why does $65.57 divided by "100 strips" not add up to "About 50 cents a test" --> That is real precise math?

Conclusion:
At $65 you could flush the brake system with ATE Super Blue twice within the "3 year accuracy guarantee"

·
Registered
2010 Forester
217 Posts
I read the page and just had a lot of questions:

1. Where would you even test the fluid for this? At each wheel, at the master cylinder....
2. Doesn't corrosion inside the brake lines usually indicate needing to change out the brake lines?
3. What does this mean? "Improve brake fluid exchange service by 400%"
4. Why does $65.57 divided by "100 strips" not add up to "About 50 cents a test" --> That is real precise math?

Conclusion:
At $65 you could flush the brake system with ATE Super Blue twice within the "3 year accuracy guarantee"
1) You dip the test strip in the master cylinder.
2) No. See attached pdf.
3) Keep in mind that these test strips are really for repair shops and fleet owners. The strips have a 3 yr shelf life, so these would be a waste of money for us DIYers. If you're a repair shop, you could test the fluid in every customer's car that comes in and convince them that they need a brake fluid exchange -- thus, you can probably have a 400% increase in brake fluid service.
4) The key word here is "About"

Your conclusion says it all -- just flush the fluid every 2 yrs with ATE (I use ATE in my other two cars).

Regards,
paul...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts