Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 forester tour 2.0XT turbo
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone towing with a ascent. I will be buying a trailer next year. I need a car with at least 5000 lb capability. I am not sure how a 4 cylinder turbo charge could pull that kind of weight. would love your input, thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
306 Posts
@ctina8 Im sure there are plenty of Forester members who own an Ascent, but your question is better suited on the Ascent Forum.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,245 Posts
Is anyone towing with a ascent. I will be buying a trailer next year. I need a car with at least 5000 lb capability. I am not sure how a 4 cylinder turbo charge could pull that kind of weight. would love your input, thanks
I would not buy a trailer for the Ascent with a dry weight over 2500 pounds: add your gear, fluids and passengers and you will have load enough.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Manual
293 Posts
People are towing 7000 pounds with 2019 Rangers that also have a turbo 4 cylinder. My only concern would be the CVT limiting itself and the electronic parking brake.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
506 Posts
People are towing 7000 pounds with 2019 Rangers that also have a turbo 4 cylinder. My only concern would be the CVT limiting itself and the electronic parking brake.
Don't see how an electronic parking brake has anything to do with towing? I can see the CVT limiting towing capacity....Towing is all about torque, the more the better. And CVT's are not known to handle high torque well. Why do you think none of the European cars have CVT? They are high torque motors vs Japanese cars which are high Horsepower motors.

My 2014 Mercedes ML 350 Bluetec has electronic parking brake and it's rated to 7000lbs....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try the ascent forum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts