Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
07 Forester XT Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to hardwire a radar detector in my 07 FXT and saw a thread (scobymods?) about an accessoried power lead near the drivers left knee. So I went looking in my ride and found something similar but the odd thing is that there are actually two connectors that clearly mate together, yet are disconnected.

See the photo below. Anyone recognize what this green lead is? I'm afraid to hook it up to its mate but wonder if there is some feature I'm missing by having them disconnected? I have verified one of them is powered when the key is acc. In this photo the top of the photo faces the driver.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,078 Posts
yes, the green connectors must stay disconnected. When they connected the ECU (computer) works in test mode (also read/write mode) asn the car makes all kinds of weired noises. :)

·
Mr. January 2008
2008 Forester XT Sports
799 Posts
Test connectors…

Why don’t you jump off the factory 12v outlet (cigarette lighter) in either the center console of dash? These are dedicated circuits intended to power accessory items such as this.

You can lift and pull the shifter trim without any tools needed (MT at least), and easily expose the long 12v outlet pigtail. Both ACC power and GND are available right there. I jumped off this for my detector/gauges and it works just fine.

·
Registered
07 Forester XT Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I guess I'll leave them alone then. Don't want to get in the way of any future diagnositc work. I couldn't find any other unused power lead up there so I guess I'll go back to the 12v outlet in the dash as xcntrk75 suggests.

·
Registered
07 Forester XT Limited
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is the one I was looking for. I saw your post and went a looking. Couldn't find it on my 07 FXT. I'll take another look tonight, I may have been too distracted by the wire I did find.

·
Mr. January 2008
2008 Forester XT Sports
799 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts