Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode in a locals 04 XT and he had WRX GR2s and STi pink springs. It didn't seem super low like I always though it would be and the ride was SWEET! No bobblehead action like stock STi struts/springs, and no harsh kidney bruising ride either. Just a nice smooth ride and great handling. It looked great with his 225/45/18 wheels/tires too.

My impression though was from a short ride. I was hoping some others have a similar setup and can give me a long term opinion of the setup. I'm thinking of going with something like this for the summer, and then back to swifts during the winter.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
if you want a ride on sti ohlins with pinks then let me know. they will be for sale soon ;)

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
im running something very similar, but with progressive springs of the same rate BUT i think my drop is slightly lower in the front than pinks.

the ride quality also heavily depends on the tires and the road quality. i've hit some BAD patches on the i-405 here and MAN did it rock me out like a massage chair on full blast. otherwise, it's pretty good IMO because the ride is definitely stiffer such that i can take turns with much confidence and predictability. you can definitely feel the bumps in the road, so pot holes and such can be a bit rough, especially the big ones. i'm switching to d-specs soon because i think it would be a better damping rate match to these rates (257/217 right?)

p.s. i'm on BFG KDW 225/45/17 so the ride is definitely expected to be a bit more rough. slap on some other tires, i would expect the ride to be better.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
If should work well, but won't be ideal as you know due to the struts being a bit weak for the springs. OEM STi springs are virtually the same if you want to save some money. I'd invest in some decent struts if the money allows, Fraktal's Ohlin fixed perch struts would be awesome. Impreza guys get away with running STi springs over their stock struts, but our cars are heavier.

Stan

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
966 Posts
I just scored some 05 STI shocks/springs. I'm planning on doing a 5x114 conversion, and I was wondering if it would work to run 05 STI Shocks with Forester pinks. Similar but slightly different scenario.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
I had STi pink wagon springs, KYB AGX & group n top hats. I miss them. The ride super nice. Now I am on Eibach Coilovers. Not bad but I miss my other suspension.

joe r

1 - 6 of 6 Posts