Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 952 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten - R.I.P.
Joined
·
520 Posts
Double post. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
sweet can use the help. i will let you know when i get them. ill probably order them soon. should i get them from subaru geniune or somewhere else
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
my girlfriend has a 2000 L good car. she is curious to see if the extra parts from my car would fit hers. like the stock turbo and such
 

·
Gone but not forgotten - R.I.P.
Joined
·
520 Posts
Hoping to have an STi axleback shipped soon :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
my girlfriend has a 2000 L good car. she is curious to see if the extra parts from my car would fit hers. like the stock turbo and such
It would be more reliable and less of a headache if she just traded the 2000 in for a XT. Why not just build up the NA engine? There is plenty to do under there.
 

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
Joined
·
9,051 Posts
mbroadhe said:
foresterxtguy said:
my girlfriend has a 2000 L good car. she is curious to see if the extra parts from my car would fit hers. like the stock turbo and such
It would be more reliable and less of a headache if she just traded the 2000 in for a XT. Why not just build up the NA engine? There is plenty to do under there.
N/A doesn't have as much power to gain as a turbo engine....she could get the new LGT and build it up as well if she doesn't want the FXT. :wink:
 

·
Gone but not forgotten - R.I.P.
Joined
·
520 Posts
Hmmmm, the LGT sure tempts me at times.
 

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
just wondering if anybody is near the philly area. i am near king of prussia.
i see a few XTs around but rarely get to talk with them.
Talk to GTP, he's somewhere in that area now.
 

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
Joined
·
9,051 Posts
Aleksey said:
foresterxtguy said:
just wondering if anybody is near the philly area. i am near king of prussia.
i see a few XTs around but rarely get to talk with them.
Talk to GTP, he's somewhere in that area now.
Actually GTP is on the other side of PA from philly...not really in that neck of the woods. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
the LGT is a bad a$$ car... i drove one and loved it. but i love my car more..
3 hours is a ways away. but if he is in pittsburg it is probably a bit farther than that. im sure it can be done in 3 ish but that is pushing it. but i do make it to central Maine in 8 hours.
my girlfriend does not have the money to get a new car. thats why she wants my take offs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thelonius if you want a hand with the axleback ill help not that its a big job or anything
 

·
Gone but not forgotten - R.I.P.
Joined
·
520 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
Thelonius if you want a hand with the axleback ill help not that its a big job or anything
Thanks, appreciate it. I may just give it a try by myself. It looks simple enough :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
it should be simple enough good luck. I am going to order thoes springs on friday... so should have them in a week or so
 

·
Gone but not forgotten - R.I.P.
Joined
·
520 Posts
We're beginning to worry the Pittsburgh crowd :lol:
 

·
Gone but not forgotten - R.I.P.
Joined
·
520 Posts
I can borrow spring compressors if needed.


:furtive glance west icon:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
the spring compressors would be a big help. plus would save me from buying them.
let them quake in their pittsburgian boots
 
21 - 40 of 952 Posts
Top