Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 952 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody is near the philly area. i am near king of prussia.
i see a few XTs around but rarely get to talk with them.

·
Gone but not forgotten - R.I.P.
520 Posts
Sitting here in bee yoo tee ful NJ, near the turnpike bridge.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thelonius... nice did you end up going to the freehold meet last night?

·
520 Posts
Nah, I had no plans on attending it. I hit a Tristate Tuners meet last summer at Tyler State Park. Nice buncha people.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice reading is 45 minutes from me depending. well less actually i have a lead foot.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have you guys messed with your suspension at all. it looks like, Thelonius has. just wondering what to do. thinking about the sti forester springs. dont want to loose much of the ride hight.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
have you guys messed with your suspension at all. it looks like, Thelonius has. just wondering what to do. thinking about the sti forester springs. dont want to loose much of the ride hight.
I have those sitting in my basement hopefully going on in the next few weeks...I didn't want to loose too much ride height and didn't want too stiff a ride (for the family) :wink:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have the sti bbs rims and the wheel gap is huge. my friends tell me to slam it. i just cant. i almost bought the sti take offs but they drop the car 3 inches. maybe i will pick the fsti springs up.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
i have the sti bbs rims and the wheel gap is huge. my friends tell me to slam it. i just cant. i almost bought the sti take offs but they drop the car 3 inches. maybe i will pick the fsti springs up.
Drop the car an inch and go w/ higher tires. I am running 235/55/17s and w/ just the tires it filled in nicely. :wink:

You could run a set of 225/55/17s for your STi wheels.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have the 225 45 17 stock sti tires for the summer. you size would work for the winter. how is the handling with thoes tires???

·
520 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
Yup those are the Forester STi springs on mine. Highly recommended.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
i have the 225 45 17 stock sti tires for the summer. you size would work for the winter. how is the handling with thoes tires???
I have 235/55/zr17 Pirelli PZero Nero M+S...they have worked fairly well in all weather that I have encountered. They corner a lot better than stock but keep a soft ride due to the higer profile. With the installation of the FSTi pinks and the STi RSB that I already have on it should handle a lot better. Eventually I will get some strut bars (front and rear) but that is probably last on my list.

For summer I have 225/60/HR16 BFGoodrich Traction T/A on stock wheels. They look a lot beefier and better than the Geos...and the handling is soooooo much better than the Geos but that isn't hard to imagine :lol:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what are you driving mbroadhe???
Thelonius the hight on the fxt in your avatar looks nice and that should work for what i want. what size tires are you running?
i dont know if i should get a set of winters or all seasons for the winter. i have two sets of rims one summer and one winter just need winter tires.
so i think i am going with the sti forester springs. anyone want to help put springs on my car when i get them ordered?
everyone working or off today?

·
520 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
what are you driving mbroadhe???
Thelonius the hight on the fxt in your avatar looks nice and that should work for what i want. what size tires are you running?
i dont know if i should get a set of winters or all seasons for the winter. i have two sets of rims one summer and one winter just need winter tires.
so i think i am going with the sti forester springs. anyone want to help put springs on my car when i get them ordered?
everyone working or off today?

Thanks, I'm riding on a set of 17's. I went with all season Bridgestones. May think about a good summer tire in a couple of months.

Precision Tuning did my spring install for me as I'm not the sharpest wrench in the drawer, but if I'm available and you're knowledgeable, I'd be glad to assist.

And I'm in retailing, so wokring today.

1 - 20 of 952 Posts