Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Want to throw in yet another review.

Went from Portland Oregon to Iowa, north through Canada from Winnipeg to Calgary, south back through Idaho back to Portland. Total of bout 3600 to 3800 mile trip. All I can say is the xt struts with the pink springs are perfectly fine. It turns the forester into a road suv instead of a factory all around vehicle. If you do 90% street and occasional dirt roads or bad roads, perfectly fine especially since you maintain most of the stock ground clearance. If you want to off road more, I wouldn’t suggest it. The ride is too stiff to soak the bumps. A set of sporty tires really set off the ride. I highly recommend putting in some wrx seats or better to make sitting for hours on end tolerable, but also to hold you in so the all the suspension you just improved has a better hold to the driver.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Want to throw in yet another review.

If you do 90% street and occasional dirt roads or bad roads, perfectly fine especially since you maintain most of the stock ground clearance. If you want to off road more, I wouldn’t suggest it. The ride is too stiff to soak the bumps.
Thanks for the review, it sounds like a fun setup! I thought I wanted the STI springs, thinking that 15mm drop wouldn’t be that bad. After doing some research, I found there are aftermarket options that are stiffer and the same height (King) or 1” longer (Mann Engineering).

Even though I spend 90% of my miles on road, when I go off-road I go pretty far out sometimes. I am getting the 1” lift Mann springs installed this week, I’m hoping they improve both road and trail performance. The STI struts are too short for lift springs so I’m sticking with OEM (I also considered the Bilstein B6, but I’m not sure yet if I want a stiffer strut).

I’ll still be a bit jealous of the guys with proper STI springs and struts. I’d love to hear reports from people who’ve taken the STI springs and/or struts off road.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts