Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buys used tires. i live in southington ct and just bought a set of sumic gt-60's cause i was short on cash. they only have about 5000 miles on them but i hate them with a passion. now my bonus came in and im looking to ditch these but they are pratically brand new. also whats a good all season tire that you would recommend?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,681 Posts
You'll get as many answers as there are people here! Maybe even more. It depends a lot on your priorities and your driving style.

One common suggestion is to check out the ratings and the comments at www.tirerack.com . Start with the ratings, and then search through the comments to find those that might come from people who drive Subies or share your style of driving.

I'll start it out by saying that I've been happy with my Continental Conti Premier Contacts. I chose them largely due to high rating for snow and treadwear. I must note, however, that the more exotic a tire you buy the less the chance that you'll find a replacement readily available when you suffer an unrepairable blowout while coming down into the Hudson River valley at Newburgh, NY on a cold and windy day in February--just to cite a hypothetical example.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about trying those. im a service tech and use the car about 40-50k miles a year so i was looking for a nice all season tire. my maxima had dedicated winter and summer tires. with the snow tires the maxima was better in the snow than these tires on my awd car. needless to say i was very disappointed. if i could find a nice pair of snow tires i would keep these junkers for summer.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,681 Posts
I've got dedicated snows on their own rims (Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi) that I use when at my house in NH during heavy snow season, but for all season use, including the occasional unexpected snow, the Contis have worked out well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts