Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stumbled across this vendor on ebay; 19T-TdO4 TD04 Turbos 3000gt Stealth RT/TT Best Bolt ons:eBay Motors (item 250518069093 end time Oct-24-09 19:29:21 PDT)

They are claiming a 514cfm rating :icon_eek: on this upgrade. It *appears* close to what our friends in Lancaster are offering, but with the hotside enlarged too ....

I emailed the vendor and he mailed back he does Subaru specific versions for $500.00 plus your core. I could not find any feedback or posts on this in Nabisco; anyone here care to hazard an opinon? If this turbo's specs are truly all that it claims to be it REALLY can start to get interesting.... insta-spool PLUS topend should be rather addictive!

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,576 Posts
Meh, blouch does the same thing for less. Would you buy a 20g wheel in a td04 housing? No, this makes absolutely no sense to shoe horn an excessively large wheel in a housing that is too small. It has been discussed on here before, and no your topend won't magically turn into a 20g. If it sounds too good to be true it generally is, that wheel might flow that cfm in a larger housing, but what is the temperature of the charge? You are better off spending that money on a VFxx than be without a turbo four a week or two.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but what is the temperature of the charge?
Hmmm... You're absolutely right, didn't invest enough time in this thought so far to look at ALL the factors, I really should know better! :icon_redface:

I definitely love being Stage 2 now, the torque off the line is simply amazing. But I'm so used to the boost rush building to redline that I get in the Miata that it almost feels like something's wrong when the acceleration just drops at 5K or so. Sigh. And I PROMISED that the Forester would stay stock since I have Buffy The Honda Slayer to to out and play in the twisties with. Deja vu - I promised that with the Miata, too..... Well, the glove compartment door's still stock at least!

Meanwhile, anyone have a pristine 18g driven by an old lady on Sundays to sell for $400? :icon_wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts