Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT AT
130 Posts
Would anyone be willing to help ship things back from Upgarage or better yet junkyards to the US. Upgarage does have the crooober page but trying to confirm/order things translated by google translate would have me a bit worried. I know there is Japanparts.com but their prices are high in my opinion.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S/tb
14 Posts
Im down in Okinawa. Just picked up a 2001 S/tb and currently trying to figure out what USDM model is comparable engine wise for ordering parts!

·
Registered
2002 Forester STI
4 Posts
Hey everyone, just got to Okinawa a couple nights ago. In the process of buying an 02 Forester STI II M.

I'm new to everything Subaru, back in the states I had all GM cars and am used to working on the LS motors.

·
Registered
01 97 Vivio RX-R 5MT
152 Posts
Heading to Japan early next year, in between Mt Fuji and Tokyo. Pretty stoked to say the least. Was looking to get a SF5 STi IIM, but it wouldn't be much different than what I'm driving now. If anyone is near Tokyo hit me up!

·
Registered
2018 Forester ∞
221 Posts
Hi,

I'm going there ~end of March 2018, looking forward to visiting a couple of car parts stores in Tokyo :)

·
Registered
2018 Forester ∞
221 Posts
Hi Tank,

Visiting, just ~8 days.

I'm wondering if it's wise to hold off on a couple of lighting purchases - fogs and driving lights, but not sure if it's the right thing to...

Anyway, staying close to Tokyo, probably going to Kyoto as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 Automatic
437 Posts
I've not been in Japan since 1962, a military assignment. I have the utmost respect for the Japanese, an honorable culture. I doubt they have Liberals over there!

·
Registered
2018 Forester Auto CVT
11 Posts
If any of you get the chance to visit Fuji-Q Highlands theme park, you can experience going 0-175 kmph in 1.9 seconds on Didumpa! Stood in line for three hours for that experience, but would gladly do it again.:rock:
I just got back from a month in Japan and I can thoroughly discourage riding the Dododonpa! Violent and cruel. I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to that!! My 10 year old had his heart set on it and we waited for 2.5 hours for the 45 second ride. Ugh! But, hey, if that is what you are into it doesn't get too much more horrendous then the Dododonpa!!! :surprise:

I would recommend climbing Mt Mitsutoge if you end up in the Fuji are though.

Regards, Pete

·
Registered
2004 XT JDM bits
485 Posts
Mt. Fuji was a blast! It sucks going down because you're walking down at a backwards angle with so much pressure on your knees. I felt like a 90yr old man with bad knees for a week!
Used to be stationed at Yokota AB and it was the best two years of my life! Never going back to Kadena (baby jesus willing) though. Not a fan of all the blanket punishments.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
1 Posts
Hello!

I live in Misawa. Ive been here for almost 4 yrs and will be here another year. Hoping to get general knowledge on my 3 Subarus.

·
Registered
2018 Forester ∞
221 Posts
Hi Jet,

I think I would get a bunch of JDM specialty Forester parts if I had enough time. Are there junkyards like in the US in Japan?

·
Registered
2003 JDM Cross Sports
79 Posts
Hi guys! I’m a newbie on this forum but not to Japan, having been here for over 8 years now. I’m in Kanagawa, just south of Tokyo, though can’t help on the car-front as I’m currently car-less. However, I’m hoping to rectify that with a Forester purchase later this year!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts