Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2002 XT Manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of our members are in Japan? I'm in the middle of nowhere with my SG5 Foz and pretty much rely on strictly the internet and my own intuition. Would be nice to learn of some friendlies who have more experience than I do.
:bananapartyhat:

·
Registered
2000 Forester STI Automatic
10 Posts
I'm here in Japan as well, however I don't really fit the bill as someone with any more experience than anyone as far as foresters go lol. I just picked up a SF5 STi. I'm up in Misawa but I don't know how close/far that is from you.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,877 Posts
There are a couple that come to mind that have been active recently on the board, swervo and OkinawaForester (you can always PM them if they miss this thread), I know there's more. And like Dylan there are a few more miltary members stationed in Japan. Oh and Welcome.

Enjoy your Forester and the Forum

Cheers
Doug

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS 5mt
61 Posts
I just got here to kadena lastnight. im here for 3 or 4 months. hopefully I can find some cool parts for my 03 at the junkyards. I know autobaks or what ever its calld has some neat parts. I didn't have a scoob when I was here last year tho.
jake

·
Registered
2015 XT premium The one without the fun pedal
837 Posts
If any of you get the chance to visit Fuji-Q Highlands theme park, you can experience going 0-175 kmph in 1.9 seconds on Didumpa! Stood in line for three hours for that experience, but would gladly do it again.:rock:

·
Registered
2002 XT Manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got here to kadena lastnight. im here for 3 or 4 months. hopefully I can find some cool parts for my 03 at the junkyards. I know autobaks or what ever its calld has some neat parts. I didn't have a scoob when I was here last year tho.
jake
Here for business? I'm working in Tohoku and it's near impossible to find parts, let alone Subie enthusiasts! If you find anything in your digging keep me posted!

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5RS Manual
8 Posts
I used to live there. Actually, in Subaru's home prefecture. Gunma.

Visited the Yajima plant.

It's a pilgrimage every subaru fan should make sometime in their life.

Back home in Toronto Canada now. I've got 98 RS here. Back in Japan it was a peppy little RX-R.

I'll eventually go back. My girlfriend is Japanese and I'll be proposing (crossing my fingers here) sometime this summer when i go back to visit. Just don't think i'll ever go back long term - at least not for a long time... My dad passed away as soon as i got back and i've been helping the family put things back together.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium CVT
22 Posts
You got the right vehicle for going skiing up at Hakkoda-san. Some of the best deep powder skiing on earth. Gosh, I miss skiing that place a lot.... Used to be stationed at Misawa.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 4EAT
95 Posts
I know some Japanese guys in the Nagoya area who are WRX/STI fanatics. Not sure how well they speak English though. Might be a few that I haven't met who have good English . . . PM me if you want to hook up with them.

·
Registered
2004 Forester sti 6spd
17 Posts
Im in Yokota, it would be nice to get some Gaijins together and show up at a Subaru meet. Summers right around the corner and we're all getting ready for Matsuri season, I cant wait. If any of you are in my neck of the woods or if I going to be in your area I will look some of you up.

Hooking up with some Japanese would be awesome! Its always fun to see how the locals do things.

Shaun

·
Registered
2005 Forester STI SG9 6SPD MT
2 Posts
Im in the rural area of Kyoto , I have a 2005 forester sti sg9.

I found a sweet performance shop thats dedicated to Subies in Hyogo perfecture called Aqua , there working on mine now upgrading the turbo, larger injectors new fuel pump, and a bunch more goodies. here is a link with a blog talking about there shop and some pics ????????????????????????4?????P4??????Blog????4?????P4??Minkara - The Car & Automobile SNS (Blog - Parts - Maintenance - Mileage) ( its in Japanese though)

its a two man opertation shop and dedicate work time to some pro racers , so can be a bit slow but over all awesome work
The owner Takeichi dosent like using social media and email so much becuase he feels it takes away time from him working on cars.

·
Registered
2002 XT Manual
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I left Japan in December and had to sell my Fozzie to a co-worker. Still 1.5 years on the certification and a brand new clutch..

It breaks my heart how little resale cars have in Japan. The dealerships wanted to give me 60,000yen. :surprise:

Here's how she looked in her final stages of growth before I sold her.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts