Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have a spare set of side mirrors I could borrow in socal?

Anyone have a spare set of side mirrors (le ears!) I could borrow in socal?

I want to get mine painted so I would need a set to drive around with during that time.

Probably won't be doing it for a few more weeks.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
660 Posts
Are you talking about the side mirrors? I don't see the point of painting the rear view mirror. Just clarifying for others who may view this thread.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Anyone have a spare set of side mirrors (le ears!) I could borrow in socal?

I want to get mine painted so I would need a set to drive around with during that time.

Probably won't be doing it for a few more weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Are they the small ones for the big ones? Do they have the turnsignal in them?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big ones but no turn signals. But I think the elephant ears you guys have work too. Better yet if someone wants to sell some elephant ears.. lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
Get one of those panoramic 'rear view' mirrors. I have them on both my subys. They cover a lot of area back there. You won't need any exorcist (sp) manuevers using those. They make 'side view' mirrors almost just for looks.

Trivia - How many panels did the WINKS come with? There were two models.

Yeah -it's dating me...

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not just get one painted at a time so you still have one to work with on the car.
i dont have a direct relationship with the paint guy and i think he's about 60 miles away from me so it'd be easier to give him everything i need to paint at once and then pick it all back up and install it.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get one of those panoramic 'rear view' mirrors. I have them on both my subys. They cover a lot of area back there. You won't need any exorcist (sp) manuevers using those. They make 'side view' mirrors almost just for looks.

Trivia - How many panels did the WINKS come with? There were two models.

Yeah -it's dating me...
i actually have one too but i figured i need some kind of side mirror to be legal driving around. just don't want to get hassled by the cops/chp.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
i actually have one too but i figured i need some kind of side mirror to be legal driving around. just don't want to get hassled by the cops/chp.
If you get hassled by the cops tell them someone stole them and you are in the process of getting them sent to you since the local subaru dealer "didn't have them in stock"

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Truck bedliner. That stuff dries in like 30 seconds.:N_poke: I'm gonna paint my whole car in that stuff.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha but seriously guys.. i want to have this guy paint it because he does a good job

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
660 Posts
I wonder what the law is in regards to side doors...

I have a picture at home somewhere that I took with my cellphone a couple years back. This was on 680 in Milpitas, a car came onto the highway with no doors. Pretty funny stuff. I'll have to look for it when I get home.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder what the law is in regards to side doors...

I have a picture at home somewhere that I took with my cellphone a couple years back. This was on 680 in Milpitas, a car came onto the highway with no doors. Pretty funny stuff. I'll have to look for it when I get home.
whoa haha thats akin to throwing a couch in the back of a couch to hold more passengers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts