Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I right in assuming that a classic Impreza stainless backbox would fit a 2001 Forester? From what I can make out the only issue would be the tail would be behind the bumper.

Anyone got any pics of an Impreza exhaust on a Fozzy?

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
IIRC the pipe will hang lower below the diff without modification and you need different hangers.

·
Registered
2004 WRX PPP Wagon Manual
153 Posts
Hi Scoobynutta
Been there, done that, even got a TSL 3.5" group N back box sitting in the shed if you are interested, very cheap and will bolt straight on to your centre pipe. It will need extending, got the one on my car now done at Top Gear in St Albans for £60
I am in Markyate, about 10 mins from you

John

·
Registered
2004 WRX PPP Wagon Manual
153 Posts
Ahem.....sorry about the sales pitch, went off on one there.
Here are some pics of my first attempt at fitting the TSL box to the Foz meltage without modification, then my interim botch job to stop more melting, then after getting it extended properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Ahem.....sorry about the sales pitch, went off on one there.
Here are some pics of my first attempt at fitting the TSL box to the Foz meltage without modification, then my interim botch job to stop more melting, then after getting it extended properly.
Did you extended just the tailpipe or the whole rear box ?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I have a STi8 rear box, longer rubber hangers (SF centre section ones), extended tailpipe (Range Rover sport, looks just like the original Foz one!) and cut and shut the inlet pipe to lift it and stop it hanging low and stretching out the rubber holding the centre section.#

Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts