Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 FORESTER AUTO
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently running 18x9.5 +38 and there's still a lot of room in that giant forester fender.

This would be fore the purpose of Stance, hellaflush, poke, ect..

not performance. car will be as low as possible.

I have a sti for performance :)

Im seriously considering 19's...

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Not many guys in North America have run anything larger than an 18". There are a couple with larger, but they're few and far between. The Aussies have gone bigger though, some went to 20" even.

I've got 18x9½ et30 and you'll definitely be stanced with a 9½ et30 in any diameter.

·
Registered
2005 FORESTER AUTO
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not many guys in North America have run anything larger than an 18". There are a couple with larger, but they're few and far between. The Aussies have gone bigger though, some went to 20" even.

I've got 18x9½ et30 and you'll definitely be stanced with a 9½ et30 in any diameter.
can you post up a pic? I think ill go 18x9.5 +30

·
Registered
98 forester 5 speed
1,468 Posts
ive been thinking of getting 19's theres a set i found for sale w good offset.. just trying to sell a set of my own wheels first :/

·
Registered
2004 forester xt auto
2 Posts
Im currently running 18x9.5 +38 and there's still a lot of room in that giant forester fender.

This would be fore the purpose of Stance, hellaflush, poke, ect..

not performance. car will be as low as possible.

I have a sti for performance :)

Im seriously considering 19's...
how did you get your 18x9.5 to fit did you need spacers

·
Registered
2005 FORESTER AUTO
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i bought 18x9.5 and they are to wide do you have after market coil over because i heard they make a difference
oh did they hit your stock strut?

Whats the offset? that's what makes the difference. i am running coilovers but my wheels at 25mm offset from the hub. If you had a higher offset like 35 or 45 then yea, youd hit your suspension.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Manual 5sp.
1,662 Posts
I'm thinking the bigger issue here would be stretching a tire on a wheel like that. Clearly, running a 225 tire on a 10", you fear no stretched tire issues. But on a 19" wheel, that leaves a very, VERY small sidewall.

18x9.5's on mine with a 40et. 235/40-18.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
well i bought 18x9.5 and they are to wide do you have after market coil over because i heard they make a difference
Based upon the clearance I checked when installing my wheels, I'd venture to say that clearance on a strut setup would be difficult. My coilovers offer good solid clearance, with between 1/2 and 1 full finger in even the skinniest of areas. Some areas offer 1 and a 1/2 finger lenghts of clearance.

Once my fenders were rolled, all was well. No rubbing at all.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Dude, I feel you. You and Duderotemy are the only guys I know on here that went really wide. I went more conservative with my fitment/offset, but still didn't know how they'd fit. Fitment was a scary thing for a little bit.

·
Registered
2005 FORESTER AUTO
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, I feel you. You and Duderotemy are the only guys I know on here that went really wide. I went more conservative with my fitment/offset, but still didn't know how they'd fit. Fitment was a scary thing for a little bit.
im gonna get work xd9's 18x10's and i was thinking of getting the 18et offsets. :mob:

·
Registered
1 Posts
oh did they hit your stock strut?

Whats the offset? that's what makes the difference. i am running coilovers but my
wheels at 25mm offset from the hub. If you had a higher offset like 35 or 45 then yea, youd hit your suspension.
I just bought a 2017 forester xt and wanted to run 18x9.5 +30 wheels and 235 45 18’s for tires. Wasn’t sure if you would know if the wheels will rub or if I have to put wheel spacers on? I have stock Suspension on it currently

1 - 18 of 18 Posts