Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
scarred from battle
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we had the whole google map thing going, I claimed the island of manhattan for myself... and I think (regrettably) that it held up. But I'd hope, with a good 8+ million folk here, and more foresters than I can count prowling the streets, that there's got to be another new yorker on the board... anyone?
 

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
Joined
·
4,167 Posts
You aren't the only Manhattanite on the board. Lived there 7 years.
 

·
scarred from battle
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know i'm not alone.

I'm NYC born and bred, (grew up on the UWS, and i've lived on the UES and now near union square) where do you hail from?
 

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
Joined
·
4,167 Posts
Born in the city but my parents moved to suburbs in Westchester when I was 3. After college I moved back into the city and live in the west village.
 

·
scarred from battle
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For $hits and giggles... we should have a meet sometime. Maybe on the side of the FDR? :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
Why there? It could be fun if we got a small group. My car is wearing winter wheels and tires so there's nothing to look at but its all good.

blitzoid said:
For $hits and giggles... we should have a meet sometime. Maybe on the side of the FDR? :lol:
 

·
scarred from battle
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was kidding! (it's just about the last place i'd want to meet up) If we're going to do this, we might as well find some wide open spaces so we all can park/tailgate.

That being said, my SF is a sorry sight right now, since I got hit by a taxi three weeks ago. Purely cosmetic, since i was moving at all of 5mph, ... but OUCH!
 

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
Joined
·
4,167 Posts
That would be cool. I don't think Manhattan would be the place, though not very car friendly around here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I'm voting Queens or LI. =) We can always do a snow day thing too if it ever dumps on us. I hope it does. =) What are you guys running for tires in the winter?
 

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
Joined
·
4,167 Posts
Right now I've got Falken Ziex 512 225/55 zr17's. I know I didn't need z rated, but its all I could find and they were cheap enough at $90. I initally got new wheels thinking I would throw the Geo's and stockers on in the winter, but I've been to lazy and the weather has been nice anyway so I haven't bothered. I probably won't switch back to the Geo's until I get rid of the car or go skiing.

The one week where we did have snow, I found the Falkens good enough in the snow to refrain from switching back to the Geo's. I just couldn't stand those tires, it drives like a different car with these on, no more white knuckles!

Are the Geo's any good in the white stuff? The tread looks better suited for snow than what I've got now.
 

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
I'm originally from Rego Park.
My wife's from the Flushing/Bayside area.
The in-laws still live there.
We're there at least once a year.
So if you ever see a silver FXT with FL plates blasting down the Belt, Cross Island, LIE/GCP or Clearview, it's probably us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
used to lived in queens, now i am in hicksville where the ikea is.
we should all gather at the great big parking lot of NYC, van wyke expy :lol:
 

·
scarred from battle
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm running BFG all seasons on WRX rims. Nothing special, but they do the trick.
 

·
scarred from battle
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ZuMBLe said:
I'm voting Queens or LI. =) We can always do a snow day thing too if it ever dumps on us. I hope it does. =) What are you guys running for tires in the winter?
As for a meet location - manhattan is probably out of the question. Queens or LI would make the most sense.

Acutally, since I have the collective ear - I'm going to need a decent/cheap body shop, once I get a check from the cabbie's insurance. Can be on the other side of the hudson, up in yonkers, whatever. I'm out near morristown, NJ on a regular basis, so that'll work too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I'm running Dunlop Wintersport M3s.. with the weather we're getting right now it seems like serious overkill. We need some good snowfall!! =)
 

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
Suggestions:
Wards Island Park.
Flushing Meadow Park; either side.
Kissena Park.
Alley Pond Park.
Jacob Riis Park (Rockaway).
Eisenhower Park.
Jones Beach.
Robert Moses Park.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,132 Posts
I'm voting for Kissena Park. There's Cunningham park too..

Boca_Yid said:
Suggestions:
Wards Island Park.
Flushing Meadow Park; either side.
Kissena Park.
Alley Pond Park.
Jacob Riis Park (Rockaway).
Eisenhower Park.
Jones Beach.
Robert Moses Park.
 

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
I'm voting for Kissena Park. There's Cunningham park too..
I keep forgetting that they are actually 2 separate parks.
I tried to list areas with parking facilities.
Heck, you should make a day of it and go out to Montauk or Sag Harbor!
 

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
Joined
·
4,167 Posts
blitzoid said:
ZuMBLe said:
I'm voting Queens or LI. =) We can always do a snow day thing too if it ever dumps on us. I hope it does. =) What are you guys running for tires in the winter?
As for a meet location - manhattan is probably out of the question. Queens or LI would make the most sense.

Acutally, since I have the collective ear - I'm going to need a decent/cheap body shop, once I get a check from the cabbie's insurance. Can be on the other side of the hudson, up in yonkers, whatever. I'm out near morristown, NJ on a regular basis, so that'll work too.
I have a good body shop in Mamaroneck up in Westchester. We got quite close with the owner when my sister started driving. He has repaired quite a few cars for us, including an Audi A6 and a Land Rover, all really good work.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top