Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car pretty much setup where I want it, and while there are things I'd love to do to it I just don't feel like doing them. I think I'm pretty much done swapping parts and messing with things and I'm going to just enjoy the car as is. I had some mod plans for this summer, I set aside a big chunk of cash for them, but I think my interests have changed.

Instead of buying car parts, I'm going to buy a new Mountain bike to replace my 13 year old one, and get the kids really cool things to play with.

Don't get me wrong I do love my car very much but I really enjoy it as-is, and while somethings could be better, it is still more than I ever imagined it could ever be. It is pretty much exactly where I want it to be. There are a few things I need to do to it, but as far as major mods (engine, exhaust, seats, wheels) I think I'm done.

Anyone else "done" and just want to enjoy what they have and not worry about whats "next"?

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
i really want to get it all done, but the income is so ''slow'' that it just takes months to do anything.
Im on my interior right now, and oh boy, all those details that need to be done.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been messing with stuff more 2.5 years + and there is not much left I haven't improved. All that is really left is to upgrade the upgrades.

Peaty is a good example of what I'm talking about. He did a ton of stuff to his car, got it where he wanted it and called it good and just enjoys it.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Yep... I'm mostly done. Haven't added any mods since 2008 and have shifted my concern to maintenance and keeping our cars reliable and on the road. Of course the general economic and employment situation played a role in this, but for the most part any disposable income now goes toward photography gear and software to build our side business.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Nevar! :biggrin:

actually I have had it happen in the past, my mk3 Jetta was exaclty how I wanted it, I drove it and really enjoyed it for a year then moved on to another project.. of course I miss it now but there wasn't anything else I wanted to do to it.

I think it's normal as you get closer to 'finished' that you start looking for other projects.. or other hobbies..

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
... Haven't added any mods since 2008 and have shifted my concern to maintenance and keeping our cars reliable and on the road. Of course the general economic and employment situation played a role in this, ........

Likewise, my mod money has dried up with the real estate melt down. I still have a bunch of mods I'd like to do in the future.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
I am almost done. Few little things here and there to add but the only bigger things are:

FMIC (and re-tune, already purchased FMIC)
New suspension (have in garage)
OEM hitch install (have in garage)
Brake overhaul (when its time)

Really starting to get over the whole modding craze. Between the SF and the LGT I have put a LOT of money into mods (as have many of you).

I too want to sink a little money into my mountain bike and save money to move into a new place this summer.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Done messing with it............HA HA HA.
Your so funny.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
Can understand you. While I appreciate what you have done and enjoy checking out the mods I have never been into modding and really enjoy my Foz for what it is. The challenge is to keep it as new and in top condition till at least 400,000km and that means quality maintainance.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Seems like my $$ for mods, funnel into $$ for fixes, windshields, dents, maintenance and such...

"I mean you no harm Jenny Hayden."

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
I tell myself I'm done all the time. Then I spend another $150 here, another $400 there, another $2000 there. I blame my short term memory though. But yeah, when it comes time to install it, I'm done again. LOL

·
Registered
2010 Forester M
97 Posts
done, after 2 months this thing is about as good as it is going to get, planning on unloading it in the fall for a real SUV. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
I'm just about done. I just need to finish a couple of projects.

- I have the Brembos. Just need to install them
- I have Morel speakers, Alpine amp, and sea-scooby sub kit. Just need to install them.
- The only thing I *may* add is a Spec.B steering wheel with audio controls

But, my Foz is lowered so it handles great. Has power mods so its pretty quick and fun to drive. Did the WRX Limited front and rear so its supportive and classier (leather). Got two sets of wheels. Will have the Brembos soon. Will sound great (along with my Kenwood navi unit). The steering wheel will complete. If I ever find a great deal on a 6spd, I may do that. Otherwise, I'm happy with the way my Foz came out. And I haven't even hit 12500 miles yet.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
If I'm not under my cars, I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do the next time I'm under my cars. I will never be done......

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Its 21:30 and I just got done fixing my loose rear view mirror in the dark I might add. I only had to flip the spring over and reinstall it.

To answer the question, Ill always find a reason to tinker, even if its for something as small as that.lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts