Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Automatic
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, long story short, one of my shocks blew out this weekend and if it ends up not being covered under warranty, I'm looking to get some ideas on upgrading the suspension.

Just curious to see if anybody has done it yet or what kind of fitment I should be looking for since it seems to be difficult to find any preset 2014 forester suspension upgrade packages anywhere on the internet. Also, any recommendations on shock/spring combinations for off road usage would be helpful as well. I'm familiar with the usual shocks like kyb, tokico, tein, etc from my previous (lowered) cars, but never really heard much about them for a non-lowered/lifted offroad type vehicle. I'd be open to stock height or even a small lift.

Has anybody upgraded their suspension for offroad usage yet?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem 6sp Manual
802 Posts
I think there a few of us with spacer lifts on the 2014s, but I don't think any one has done the spring/shock upgrade, yet. I think the only spring option currently available is King. I'm not sure about shocks. Keep us posted if you upgrade!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there a few of us with spacer lifts on the 2014s, but I don't think any one has done the spring/shock upgrade, yet. I think the only spring option currently available is King. I'm not sure about shocks. Keep us posted if you upgrade!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
will do! just sent an email off to primitive to see if they can help with fitment information for some KYB's and Kings!

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
Garrick one the other guys may buy my suspension in arizona
maybe I can figure a way you two can part out my stock suspension cheaply?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just as a follow up for anybody wondering. Primitive emailed me back and said that the closest fitment would be the 2009-11 forester struts, but currently there are no specific aftermarket replacements from KYB for the 2014 foresters. they also noted that the AGX's will not come out for the 14 foresters at all, and their lift kits all utilize the stock shocks and offer no aftermarket ones at this time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts