Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester X
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stupid stock Geolanders are wearing weird and after two 4 wheel alignments I have given up on the car and am convinced that it is the tires. Stock 08 Forester X use it for snow (light usually but this year we are getting dumped on), fire roads (to access campsites) and highway driving. NTB has a deal on the Cooper Lifeliner GLS tires for 69.99. Just can't find much info on them. Could be new or just not many have them I don't know. Anybody have them?

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
I put a set on our '03 Buick LeSabre and they were good all around tires. Handled well, good in the rain and decent in snow. I'm not so sure about using them on fire trails though. As a standard passenger car tire, they probably have somewhat thin sidewalls, though Coopers are built more heavily than many other tires. I had regular car tires on my '88 Ranger 2WD and got really sick of having to change flats.

·
Registered
2001 forester-S
16 Posts
have a set of cooper trendsetters on my 01 just a daily driver and they are serving me well. have had coopers on 3 of my last vehicals seem to be a good american built tire.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,583 Posts
I have them on my Nissan Sentra. Trust me they are not a good snow tire. They are great in rain and in general a very good tire that wears well.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,583 Posts
Would they be better than the stock Geolanders?
I can't say directly bc I didn't have mine on the Subaru. But I would bet big money they are not gonna' be as good in the snow as the Geolanders.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
You may have a single bad tire in your set of Geolanders as a lot of folks like those tires. One bogus tire will make your vehicle pull or push and drive you nuts.
My FOZ came with the Duelers-which are fair tires but stink in the snow so I ditched them (and boy am I glad with this winter) for Nokian WR-GS SUV tires which are a bit pricey ($159 each), but VERY good all around.

I agree with the previous poster that the Geolanders would be better snow tires than Lifeliner GLS. Cooper makes a couple of SUV tires- though finding the correct size for a Forester might be tough.

·
Registered
2008 Forester X
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at the Geolander ATs but was worried about the tires being heavy and costing me fuel mileage.

·
Registered
2006 forester
32 Posts
I just added a set of 4 of these to my wife's Subaru. Not sure how relevant it is that they didn't work well on a Nissan Sentra (front wheel drive vs. all wheel drive). I chose this particular tire because it was reviewed and recommended as Cooper's best all-season tire in the snow. I did not want to do snow tires. I have used studded snow tires on the previous vehicle (a Caravan) but really have never felt the need for them with this car. The previous tires on it (a brand I have never heard of "Aurora") performed very well in all seasons (and yes, we get a lot of snow up here in Maine and they worked just fine). I had to replace them because both front tires were worn completely smooth on the inside tread. Anyone ever heard of both happening at the same time? After we get some snow, I will report how well they handle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts