Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys need some help.I'm trying to decide what kind of wheels to get in 18x8 and looking Rota Torque and SVN.Today I found out that they R these Drag wheels that R same as Torque(I know replica Work wheels).
Does anybody knows anything about these wheels,where R they making them and R any of you guys try them.
I would save $200 with them so any help and info would be good

Thx guys

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
they are a nice looking knock off wheel... a lot of impreza guys are running these and they come in aggressive offsets if thats your thing. big plus is they are cheap, big minus is they are heavy.

not sure where they are made but rotas are made in the philipines. rotas are proven to be quality despite their low price, the drags havent been around for that long, only time will tell...

i say do it, wheels are wear items and that extra 200 can go towards something else you want!

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx man.Thats what I was thinking because $200 can go towards my tune up.This is my daily driver and dont take it to the track so few lbs extra will not be a big deal.
Only concern was that cant find anythind about them

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mmm that Legacy look nice.But why is so hard to find where they making them or some other info
I would like to see how would they look in gold on my white fozzy.Waiting on photoshop on NASIOC

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I saw somewhere that they R engineered in Japan but don't think they R acctualy made in Japan.It's funny because even Mr. Google did not found any info.

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
41 Posts
I just ordered a set of the 18x9 +38 DR31's:biggrin: Ill make sure to remember and send you pics when they arrive in a few weeks (but prob wont install for another month.. stupid winter) I say buy them, they're afforable and you wont feel bad about wearing them down. I have volk le-37's on my MR2 and im always paranoid about rock chips/people/curbs/dust/you name it. With cheaper wheels that look the part, you wont feel so stressed about the daily abuse they'll take.

EDIT: apparently i cant post URL's yet since i'm new. Ill PM you the link to nasioc with alot of drag wheel pics. Or search on nasioc for "The Official Drag Wheels Thread"

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
where-ever in interenet land ends in .pl (philipines)? i assume in a sweat shop like rotas lol... who cares where they are made, just get em!

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where-ever in interenet land ends in .pl (philipines)? i assume in a sweat shop like rotas lol... who cares where they are made, just get em!
LOL...Yeah I think you right.I will post some pics when I get them,probably in a couple weeks

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just ordered a set of the 18x9 +38 DR31's:biggrin: Ill make sure to remember and send you pics when they arrive in a few weeks (but prob wont install for another month.. stupid winter) I say buy them, they're afforable and you wont feel bad about wearing them down. I have volk le-37's on my MR2 and im always paranoid about rock chips/people/curbs/dust/you name it. With cheaper wheels that look the part, you wont feel so stressed about the daily abuse they'll take.

EDIT: apparently i cant post URL's yet since i'm new. Ill PM you the link to nasioc with alot of drag wheel pics. Or search on nasioc for "The Official Drag Wheels Thread"

Thx man.Got your PM.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Calamity what is the year that you drive and what kind of setup you got on your Fozzy?

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
41 Posts
I have a 2004 XT with kyb gr-2 04-07 wrx wagon struts (3/8th saggy butt spacers in rear) w/ 05 sti springs. Ill be using 245-40-18 tires with the 18x9 wheels. Nice drop, I know i'll have to roll the fenders but I've done that to all my cars so its not an issue for me. Nothing much else done at the moment, just purchased the car a couple months ago because some lady rear ended me and totaled out my gc8:frown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts