Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife came home with both passenger side windows stuck down last night....she wasn't happy so I pulled off the front door panel and the window started working. I measured only a 10volt drop across motor...now she did get a car wash since it got above freezing and she called me to tell me the windows on that side were moving slowly...any ideas???:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
The windows dont have limit switches as such to stop activation but the motor just stalls when a certain resistance is encountered . If the resistance is too great due to drag caused by say , dirt or ice then they could stall . Lubricate the window runners and see if this helps . However another problem can arise with age , but usually the drivers window as this is the most used. The gearbox design at the motor is weak where the gearbox cog shaft connects to a metal disc . This can wear and eventually fail under load .

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try that, I have some silicon lube I'll try. I'll clean the runs out and lube. Thanks, it's Christmas an any money we can save the better cause I'm broke till mid next month now...MERRY. CHRISTMAS every body

1 - 3 of 3 Posts