Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a few of mine to begin with.
Spec C control arms.
04 STi steering rack with Apro steering bushings (to be fitted by Tibor @ Q-Rack).
Grimmspeed cross pipe (v1, it was cheap). Also want to get a set of the ported, polished, and ceramic coated header ports as well.
Need to fit better engine mounts, possibly Cusco.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
Yep, though I need to wind down on the modding, just a few minor things. New struts/springs and a front lip. The front lip I paid for back in June... but better be receiving it before spring (or I'll be :evilatyou:). Then I need to purchase this Bilstein Subaru Legacy GT Suspension Conversion Kit (Bilstein HD struts/Spec. B top hats) to go along with these that I already do have (5MT Legacy wagon JDM pink springs)

That should be it for the spring. In the meantime, I plan to add some axlebacks, transmission cooler, and get a protune. Though I also have some small things laying around (Rallitek tranny mount, Cobb HD rsb mounts, Perrin crank pulley, AEM digital boost gauge) that I may throw on if I get bored :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
FYI...Rears won't fit. Not even with the kartboy bracket. The newer aged STI's (08-10) rear brembos are different than 04-07's. I'm not 100% sure on this, so look further into it.
Well then . . . Subtle Solutions needs to come up with a subtle solution for this problem, eh? It appears that 08-10 STi Brembos are selling cheaper than 04-07 ones. Its like the BBS wheels. 04 wheels cost way more than 05-07.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
Hopefully, this spring I can get these installed:

- VF43
- Grimmspeed PnP'd STi exhaust manifold and all the gaskets
- Walbro fuel pump
- Cobb SF airbox
- Samco rad hoses
- Sea-scooby sub kit along w/ my Alpine PDX amp and Morel speakers

And I'm looking for some larger brakes. Then I think I'll be done for awhile.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Dunno bout spring, but next wknd we are doing GT Spec fender braces, Prodrive ECBS, 840cc injectors, and re-tune.

To those doing the Grimmspeed mani/x pipe..ya'll will love this upgrade, and be sure to get a re-tune!!! I overboosted..and look forward to seeing the results since adding them.

Ohh I might get some 17x9 or 18x18.5 wheels by spring...but who knows.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
This spring I'm going keep it simple and get some new rims and tires. That should finish off the handling parts and keep me quiet for a while and I will join the 245 club.

I've been eying the Rota P1's 18x8 in sports bronze, but having a hard time finding them... Tarmac III are available but I like the lip on the P1's better. Maybe it's just me but the lip looks deeper on the P1. I think the sports bronze will look great on my dark grey metallic foz. Opinions?

I would also like to get the front underspoiler, and maybe get the color matched door handles from an impreza and finish "de-chroming" my car before next summer.

Thats it, other then the 4 channel amp and new door speakers, but thats a winter project and will be done before spring.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
Put my STI suspension back on with my non-winter wheels and tires.
Install my 04 sti front lower control arms with Whiteline rear caster bushings and whiteline front bushings along with the whiteline roll center adjustment kit.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
XT-
I'm thinking of getting some 4 pots or even Brembos since I now have winter wheels that will clear either, and I'm going to overhaul my interior with a few new goodies I have planned. Might also add another pair of 8" in a "new" stealth location I'm experimenting with.

X- Swap the tan carpet for black, and add a flip down LCD for the kids.

·
Registered
09 Forester X touring
66 Posts
If i can save enough $$$ this winter ill be sporting 18x8.5 rota svn's in tommy gold with either 225/50 or 245/45 rubber on them in the spring. Along with a double din indash touch screen and some new speakers.

As the summer goes on i hope to get a sports grille, sport front clip w/lip, sway bars/endlinks, and maybe swifts if the budget allows

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
This spring I'm going keep it simple and get some new rims and tires. That should finish off the handling parts and keep me quiet for a while and I will join the 245 club.

I've been eying the Rota P1's 18x8 in sports bronze, but having a hard time finding them... Tarmac III are available but I like the lip on the P1's better. Maybe it's just me but the lip looks deeper on the P1. I think the sports bronze will look great on my dark grey metallic foz. Opinions?

I would also like to get the front underspoiler, and maybe get the color matched door handles from an impreza and finish "de-chroming" my car before next summer.

Thats it, other then the 4 channel amp and new door speakers, but thats a winter project and will be done before spring.
If your looking for a sports bronze in 18 ill prolly have my 18x8.5 svn's avaible before spring time. I for some reason can only use a set of wheels one year and then have to get news ones for a new look

1 - 20 of 52 Posts