Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't done any 'Serious' off-roading since I bought my Forester about 6 weeks ago. Another member mentioned he might be in Ocala this Sat. I'm anxious to be there, too. I'd like to trail someone with experience and do a little camping. Just for one night. Drive up Sat, have some fun, and leave Sun morn. But I'm on Winter Break for 21 days and could extend it....

Probably going to rain Friday and clear up by Saturday. Cooler weather finally! It was 85 today in Plant City, about 10-15 degrees over normal. I work in PC but live in Lutz. 78 when I got home about 4pm.

Ocala roads should be wet with huge puddles. Muddy sand and ruts. My '07 L.L.Bean is totally stock. I've driven some crazy roads in the past with a VW Bus and a Bronco. Some milder stuff with a '98 CR-V. (you wouldn't believe the places that VW bus would go! And with 9 guys aboard).

Giving you a little background.

Rick

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Hey Rick, That sounds like fun but the holidays are too close for me right now and I have never offroaded. I'm more towards the race/track side of things but would like to give offroading a try since I now have a capable vehicle. It seems that we now have several members in the Tampa area, of which I am 1, and maybe having a meet or something would be nice.......but after the holidays. Have fun if you go up!

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Oh God the dayz....I remember busting my friends A-arm on his Blazer on the whooptys in the Big Scrub area and the Rainbow Fest, Forgetaboutit....literally. I would love the experience but I am way to low. Sounds like fun. Havent been up there since I had my 250R. Why not just do Brookesville? Way close.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh God the dayz....I remember busting my friends A-arm on his Blazer on the whooptys in the Big Scrub area and the Rainbow Fest, Forgetaboutit....literally. I would love the experience but I am way to low. Sounds like fun. Havent been up there since I had my 250R. Why not just do Brookesville? Way close.
Good luck! Be very careful without skid plates........
Well, things came up beyond my control. Brooksville would be more possible now. Maybe do an over-nighter at River Junction. Ever been there, guys?

I camp there lots. Also Hog Island and Mutual Mine. Mutual mine has the best dirt trails I know of in the Withlacoochee.

Might have to do a solo now that plans have changed.

Real disappointed I can't make the Ocala venture.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts