Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we had a local subaru meet @ Grand Prix New York yesterday and had an absolute blast! i was woundering if any of you guys are w/in driving distance of Mt. Kisco and want to do some wheel to wheel kart racing! gpny is the premier indoor karting venue in the US. 20,000 sq foot indoor facility w/ bar/restuarant/arcade and 3 tracks. the karts are new technology and fast, not the bs karts you are used too. they can beat the hell out of you, you dont realize what a workout it is. after 1 heat i was sweating and out of breath, these things pull g forces!

its indoors w/ amazing track layouts and the karts do 40mph. they even give you full racing suits/helmets/neck braces. i recommend bringing some gloves too!

for "arrive and drive" daily memberships are $10 bucks, annual are $50. each race cost anywheres from 20-35(depending on day and which track - there are 3) bucks each and consists of 15 laps. its basically time attack style, fastest lap wins not combined time.

i mean we could have the whole track to ourselves but would need 10 people to commit and pay in advance, and i highly doubt that will happen here. (thats what we did w/ our local subie club) it was $90/person included 3 races. 2 qualifying heats and then a race. they even have a little podium afterwards for awards.

good times, check out the site, lemme know what you guys think.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here are some pics so you guys can see what its all about. btw this is only one of the 3 courses they have. and i actually came in first but didnt want to bother any1 else to take the pic for us. my buddy dan in first in the shot owns an sti limited, then theres me in 2nd, and sofakinglong in third. we were all pretty close to each other, my best lap was a 29.150, dan's was 29.159, and dwight was 29.79(dwight didnt get the fast kart #4 is where its @ haha!)

it was such a great time we did 5 races (15 mins long each) for ~100 bucks. so worth it to blow off some steam and get some motorsports in during the winter! this place is the real deal!!! im addicted its like crack, lol!

·
Registered
2005 9-2x Aero Manual
343 Posts
Nice, I might have headed up there on Monday if I caught this. I go there once in awhile with a friend of mine. We just do arrive and drive, never got a bunch of people and did the whole deal like you did. But 90/person is not bad for all that. It'd be cool to get that going. Otherwise, even getting a few people from here to head up for a race or two would be cool also.

It's easy enough for me, I'm like 25-30 mins away.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Hmm someone was talking about doing a go kart meet for socal recently.. I can't remember who.. something like $100 for 8 races...

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, I might have headed up there on Monday if I caught this. I go there once in awhile with a friend of mine. We just do arrive and drive, never got a bunch of people and did the whole deal like you did. But 90/person is not bad for all that. It'd be cool to get that going. Otherwise, even getting a few people from here to head up for a race or two would be cool also.

It's easy enough for me, I'm like 25-30 mins away.
yea the 90/person thing was great(we had the track to ourselves) but we only got 3 races.. arrive and drive is better we got 5 races for ~10 bucks more. on non holiday mondays they do buy1 get 1 free races which is even better! i might go again next week, well see though! next time i do go it will be for the supertrack (they combine uptown and downtown), they only do it on fridays though. its a little more money also, 35/race.

Hmm someone was talking about doing a go kart meet for socal recently.. I can't remember who.. something like $100 for 8 races...
wish i lived in cali :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts