·
Registered
1998 Maxima auto
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is there anyone here who bought an XT and wishes he or she:

1. Would have bought the 2.5L instead?
  2. bought the XT Touring instead of the XT Premium?
  3. bought the XT Premium instead of the touring?

I am interested in the XT, but there is a big difference in cost between the two US model XTs

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
320 Posts
I regret I did not get the XT. I got NA Premium for better fuel economy and I'm not seeing any - 18MPG in a city.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
139 Posts
Hi

I am interested in the XT, but there is a big difference in cost between the two US model XTs

Thanks!
1. nope
2. touring is nicer, especially with eyesight and HIDs, but i wanted to spend less money.
3. happy with the XT premium

:rock:

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
139 Posts
I regret I did not get the XT. I got NA Premium for better fuel economy and I'm not seeing any - 18MPG in a city.
for what its worth, assuming there is nothing wrong with your 2.5, you would probably be getting less MPG with the XT.

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
for what its worth, assuming there is nothing wrong with your 2.5, you would probably be getting less MPG with the XT.
I got much better than that in my XT. Even right now with 1000cc injectors and bigger turbo I see more than that in the city. Usually 18.5-20. On the HWY i'm still getting 23-24. I suppose it's how you drive it though. When I was on the stock turbo I've seen up to 28mpg avg on a trip but it was a rare sight.

I've never regretted my XT (although my wife sometimes does).
I've got whichever the lower of the two models were in 2009. I think it was slightly different, and touring didn't exist. I think the choices were Limited/Premium.

I'd be happy with either one. They're both nicer than a Base 2.5 non turbo. The motor is what I love.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12 Posts
Regret that the XT doesn't get better highway mileage, but even if it uses 20% more , that is only another $500/year for better handling and oomph.
Our XT Touring was just a little over $31K delivered price, so deals are out there especially using internet shopping and CR buying service pricing.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
181 Posts
I have the XT premium and believe is best bang for the buck, the better version is mostly more fluff (and worst GPS around) for a lot of extra money.

oh and I am averaging 22.9 MPG, at 70-85mph with breaking in variations of speed. cannot wait till 1000 miles so I can use cruise control again!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,698 Posts
There is a gigantus sticky on this..I can't find it. Readers Digest:.no one regrets buying the XT

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,185 Posts
While i don't have a 2014...i do have an XT touring.

I would agree with the couple previous people where i don't believe you'll have any regrets "settling" on a premium. Sounds like you know you want to go XT and that would be the itch you should scratch to avoid any remorse.

So to answer your question(s):
1:Has to be an XT...haven't looked back.
2:I bought the Touring as the "right" one popped up.
3:Would have gladly taken a Premium XT

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the XT premium and believe is best bang for the buck, the better version is mostly more fluff (and worst GPS around) for a lot of extra money.

oh and I am averaging 22.9 MPG, at 70-85mph with breaking in variations of speed. cannot wait till 1000 miles so I can use cruise control again!
Agree that GPS = worthless, routinely use Waze on iPhone for real-time traffic directions. Saved me over 1 hr today through Leigh Valley snow panic by routing me over little unplowed counrty roads.
The main advantage in our house was dual temperature controls on the HVAC. Fewer fights over more miles is always good.

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
At 26k my XT premium is a margin considering the multiple upgrades besides the engine and HD CVT.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Don't regret getting the XT. Not in any way.

If anything I might have gone for the one without ES, but the only one they had at the time was with ES. Still no regrets tho. LOVE IT!

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Hi

Thanks!

1. No way
2. No way, not worth the extra $$$
3. I have the Premium and very satisfied with it. It's only been a week but things I do want that came on the touring are the fogs, HIDs, heated seats...and I can get that done for fraction of the cost outside the dealership. Navi, leather, turn signal mirrors....meh no need.

I would gladly take the Touring if it was in my price range. =) I couldn't justify paying so much more. If you have the money to and those options are a must then go for the Touring.

·
Premium Member
'21 ISM Crosstrek Limited
1,177 Posts
Life is short.

Treat yourself to whatever best is possible.

After that, "the price is soon forgotten, but the quality remains."

Remember, in the end it is not what we've done that we regret, but what we did not do.

Me? I "waste" money on cars, and couldn't be happier with this 2014 FXT Touring. For now...

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
Hi

Thanks!
  1. Coming from a stage 4 WRX, no way.
  2. I have an "XT Limited" which is like a US Touring minus EyeSight and nav. No regrets, although EyeSight is intriguing technology.
  3. I think the Premium is a great deal, and it will feel just the same behind the wheel as the higher trim. If the more expensive model was out of budget, I would have happily gone with the "base XT" to get the power and handling. That means more to me than HIDs and leather.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5 MT
213 Posts
No one pissed the XT didn't come with 5MT option 2009+?

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
553 Posts
No one pissed the XT didn't come with 5MT option 2009+?
It doesn't need to. The CVT in the XT is God mode.

Sometimes I think I should have gone for the XT, but I have yet to encounter a situation where I would have needed it or would have had a chance to really open it up. With regard to the 2.5L MPG comment earlier, I'm averaging 30 MPG in mixed driving after 7000 miles.

·
Registered
2014 2.0 XT Touring CVT
85 Posts
I spent top dosh and got the lot. Do I love it? You betcha. Regrets? None right now... but I'll let you know in a few years' time. I don't see any on the radar...

·
Registered
2014 Forester xt prem Cvt
161 Posts
Hi

Thanks!
1. If there was no turbo, I wouldn't have bought a subaru.
2. I love the premium. Cost wasn't worth the extras. I would have liked the hids and elec gauges. Everything else I can do without - especially eyesight and the nav system, which was the bulk of the touring pricing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts