Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't bought a tire shine product in a long time. Last one I had, just used it up, was in a pump spray bottle and a real mess to use. I'm not usually a big tire shine type of guy but these Bridgestone Duelers seem to get really light grey looking if you don't keep something on them.

Is there a foam type product out there or one with a re-usable no mess sponge to apply with or anything other than squirting the stuff all over the place?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,707 Posts
I prefer a low gloss look, like a new tire, so I use Mother's Back-to-Black. Wipe it on & wipe off the excess & you're good to go! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Super Moderator
35,707 Posts
How long does that stuff last before you need to recoat the tires? :confused:

Bobby...

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Please keep in mind that my car is never as clean as the tuner version. The best I can do is hose of the mud with a power washer.

However, I do use it on the wife's minivan and it lasts quite long. Also, for the money it can't be beat.

Bobby, are you following me???

·
Super Moderator
35,707 Posts
^^ Thanks for product review.

Nope, not following you. I use the "Quick Links" > "Today's Posts" & if you post, it pops back to the top of the list. Stop posting so I can mark the forum read! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5X Prem
308 Posts
^^^^ ....303 is my "go to" as well for tires. I like the muted, satin finish. I will usually wipe on and leave the tires wet. I will then follow with a moistened (with 303) applicator to create an even finish.

·
Registered
05 WRX STI
208 Posts
I have tried almost every brand of these things out there and most of them are average at best . Trust me when I say 303 is the only good one you mentioned.
My favorites are the Looks wet no mess from supershinedetail.com and it is a spray.
Other favorite as a liquid is the one from Eimann Fabrik. I have a white car and the Looks wet never slings off and the Eimann does not either unless you really use way too much .

·
Registered
06 Forester
389 Posts
i use the meguiar's endurance too..

i just wish it would endure more than a few days :biggrin:

i try to stay away from the spray on stuff as much as i could since it's a pita to remove from blacktop..

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
602 Posts
I bought 5 bottles of Meguairs Hot shine for 50 cents a bottle at Lowe's which were on clerance a while back.

Just make sure you use Westley's bleach white or Eagle One wheel/tire cleaner before you put on a tire shine. it will shine and last longer for a few more days.

When I can I'll try to buy the stuff detail shops or dealers use to shine the tires. Stuff last for weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts