Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6-speed Manual
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 and was looking for a little front end protection. Anyone have any suggestions on a front grill/ brush guard?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
^
+1

What he said. I have been researching this and have found no brush guard supplier/vendor that has anything available for the '14 (XT in my case).

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6-speed Manual
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bull bar

Thanks for the info Geojosh

Thats actually what I was looking for. I guess I didn't know what it was really called.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Thanks for the info Geojosh

Thats actually what I was looking for. I guess I didn't know what it was really called.
No problem.

The main difference between a brush guard and a bull bar is that the brush guard will include shielding for the headlights and usually comes up higher to protect the grille area.

·
Registered
2014 forester xt scv
29 Posts
Are these safe?

Do they cause problems with your airbags?

Can you cause frame damage from a small front impact?

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
8 Posts
According to most online auto supply sites (and 2 local installers), the Aries bull bar (2801 model) will not fit the 2014 Forester - are any modifications needed to be done by the user in order to install the bar?

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
Can you take some close ups, i'm curious if they designed it for the XT. How much was it as well?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem 6sp Manual
802 Posts
Can you take some close ups, i'm curious if they designed it for the XT. How much was it as well?
I am hoping to do a full product review with install how-to this weekend, so stay tuned for more photos. This was the prototype and was test-fitted on an XT before it was sent to me for my 2.5i.
I'm not sure if they've settled on a price for this guard, yet, (not on their website, yet) so it would be best to contact Primitive directly. They can also put together a custom lighting package for you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT 8 speed
113 Posts
Paul does awesome work,
I just wish the bars would flow with the car a bit more. Like those vertical pieces where the silver meets the black, if those followed the body lines, I think it would look 10x better.

But His stuff is strong, there's no doubt about that.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Paul does awesome work,
I just wish the bars would flow with the car a bit more. Like those vertical pieces where the silver meets the black, if those followed the body lines, I think it would look 10x better.

But His stuff is strong, there's no doubt about that.
I see what you are talking about. After seeing the structure behind the fascia, there were not really any other mounting points, which I believe inhibited a lot of design options. That being said, I have no idea how he got the bends and angles he achieved. I'm really, really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to see how it looks with the factory fogs behind it (because the only thing better than 6 lights is 8 lights). I also think this would look really badass on a lowered XT with some LED bars like the Baja Onyx.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
8 Posts
I contacted Primitive Racing regarding their light bar (I'm just using it primarily as a brush/grille guard) - they require a $45 installation kit fee (refundable) in addition to the purchase price; what does this kit include (drill bits for making the needed attachment points on the bumper)? Apologies for such a basic query - I am a novice Subaru owner.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I contacted Primitive Racing regarding their light bar (I'm just using it primarily as a brush/grille guard) - they require a $45 installation kit fee (refundable) in addition to the purchase price; what does this kit include (drill bits for making the needed attachment points on the bumper)? Apologies for such a basic query - I am a novice Subaru owner.
The kit includes the long, pointed studs for marking the hole locations on the fascia, a 1 1/8" hole saw and long ratchet extensions to reach the stud bolts through the bumper. Nothing that couldn't be fabbed up/found in the average grease monkey's garage, but since they send it for free (refunded deposit), it's that much easier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts