Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'06 FXT 6MT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just like the title, thinking of upgrading the TMIC and would like to get a bigger scoop to ram as much air in there as possible.

Unfortunately *good* pictures (found a ton taken with a potato) of 06-08s with big aftermarket scoops are quite difficult to find it turns out.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,258 Posts

·
Registered
'06 FXT 6MT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am looking at all of them in general, but won't pull the trigger until I can see one preferably painted body color on a 06-08.

STI Smurf hat will work, also looking at this...

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Carbon-2002-2003-Impreza-2004-2008-Forester/dp/B01LXE05IM[/ame]

...because it seems to be a lot more subtle than the STI scoop.

Just need pictures so that I can get an idea of what large scoops look like mounted on 06-08s, there is an absolute ton of good pictures of 04-05s but the body style is very different in the front so it's not really apples to apples.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,258 Posts
That Amazon scoop appears to be a replica of the '02-'03 JDM STi scoop, aka JDM V7 STi scoop. Expensive, in my opinion, as it will cost another $100/USD+ to have it painted... unless you're going to try a DIY "rattlecan" paint job.

For the best paint match, the scoop should be painted on the hood. Basically, painting the scoop & blending the paint onto the hood. This will add a substantial amount to the cost! :icon_eek:

Also, that scoop doesn't have vertical supports. Many of the replica scoops look great at first, but most develop cracks. :frown:

Lastly, any STi Smurf hat will be a replica, as the factory/OEM STi Smurf hat scoop won't fit the '04-'08 XT hood.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts