Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester Manual.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to show how odd life can be. I used to do auto AC work back in the early days. (We're talking the days of R-12.....) So I'm at an 'Collectables' store and they had a 2 stage vacuum pump (yellow jacket brand) for $35 bucks. Works fine!..... Fast forward to yesterday....

Our 2007 has 213k on the clock. And we've been using the A/C a few times. Still blows cold for the time being. However I noticed some green slime on the pressure line where it 'bolts' onto the condenser. I can see a tiny bubble(s) at the upper side of the block. (For those not aware: The condenser pressure mount is a tube with O-Ring that has a rectangular looking block with a bolt on the underside to act as the clamp)

So I figure yeah...I'll need to replace the O-Ring and add a couple of tea spoons (roughly) of PAG back into the system to help replace what has seeped out with the R-134a.

Just wondering if anyone has the part number for just that O-Ring. Most of the diagrams I've found so far only show the pressure to condenser hose and do not indicate the part number for the seal. It's been a long time sense I've worked on auto A/C and I'm looking forward to getting back into it. (Considering last time I asked a local shop what the charge was to evac the system for our old Explorer... Firestone quoted me about $250 for the job.. I told them JUST to evac! They refused...)

I know, long story. Just figured it was really odd that a couple of days before I see the leak on our car, that a decent 2 stage vacuum pump drops in my lap for $35 bucks...

Well, if anyone has just that O-Ring part number? I'd be much obliged. I am aware that autozone sells the entire kit, but all I need is just that one O-Ring and I'm cheap... :grin2:

S-

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Premium 6-speed manual
177 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester Manual.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll pay them a visit. I need to pick up a new oil filter and refuse to use FRAM LOL!!!!

Have a good night!.

S-

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,484 Posts
A great source of help in figuring out catalog numbers is our friend Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl here, at Annapolis Subaru, one of our sponsoring vendors. She knows the parts catalog by heart. Tell her you're one of us for the $pecial deal.

866 509-3019

·
Registered
2007 Forester Manual.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent!!

We have a great local dealership that is reasonable for walk in purchases in the Syracuse area. They are always happy to see someone tooling in with an 07 with over 218k on the clock. Just by the time I get off work to give 'em a yell? They are closed :(

S-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts