Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hoping one of our members in Australia would be willing to help me purchase some bits we simply cannot get here stateside.

Namely... some items from Subaru of Australia.

I have contacted them, and they refuse to ship to the USA

I am hoping that I can paypal one of our trusted Forester members in Australia...

and that you'd purchase the items for me, and ship them to me.

I will cover all expenses

I just desperately want a couple of items...

namely:

http://shop.subaru.com.au/Catalogue...de/?item=31121E67-59E4-4B93-9C18-2FBCE8F2FC94

and

http://shop.subaru.com.au/Catalogue...ar/?item=DD1C50D2-C051-4B34-A8C4-187A6FF78CE0

and I am sure i can add a couple of more items.

Is there anyone trustworthy out there who would be willing to help?

Thanks in advance....

Jamie

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
Jamie, I'd be in for one of the sunshades too if possible, I'd help defer the shipping costs.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Peaty said:
Jamie, I'd be in for one of the sunshades too if possible, I'd help defer the shipping costs.
x2

I know there are a bunch of Aussies out there that will help but I think they are just going to, if not already in, bed.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
I'd be in for one of those sunshades too.

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arent they just the coolest?

i really want one... :(

I know my Australian friends wont read this til this afternoon/evening my time

but I'm hoping someone will help out! :D

thanks much

Jamie

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
They have one that says "Forester" on it too:

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Umm...I know of one member here who might.

He also happens to be on our staff.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you have no luck through Roo, I should be able to help out.
We can work out a student exchange programme as I need a rear step panel as Subaru Australia want to touch me in the same way as my avatar represents (the converted price would be approx $150 US :eek: vs. approx $38 US)

·
Registered
06 XSL Automatic
382 Posts
PM me if you need help. Should be ok as long as you pay for everything up front and your delivery address would be covered by ECI - Australia Post's international courier:
http://www.auspost.com/ECI/

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Damn - I should look around that site a bit more.

I guess the big pain is how to get the money, you need someone with a paypal account that can accept money. I do a lot of group buys from forums in Australia but since we have a decent banking system its trivial to directly transfer money to someone elses account, so nobody even thinks of using paypal.

Also you might want to check how many you want of these items. Postage for the shades probably will be as much off size as weight and so a few might fit in one package and cost no more.

Im out of town for work next week, but if you havent organised anyone else Im happy to help out.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Subie Gal said:
hoping one of our members in Australia would be willing to help me purchase some bits we simply cannot get here stateside.

Namely... some items from Subaru of Australia.

I have contacted them, and they refuse to ship to the USA

I am hoping that I can paypal one of our trusted Forester members in Australia...

and that you'd purchase the items for me, and ship them to me.

I will cover all expenses

I just desperately want a couple of items...

namely:

http://shop.subaru.com.au/Catalogue...de/?item=31121E67-59E4-4B93-9C18-2FBCE8F2FC94

and

http://shop.subaru.com.au/Catalogue...ar/?item=DD1C50D2-C051-4B34-A8C4-187A6FF78CE0

and I am sure i can add a couple of more items.

Is there anyone trustworthy out there who would be willing to help?

Thanks in advance....

Jamie

I would be happy to help you out, maybe we could do some barter deal as I'm after a Momo man gear knob. Looks like a few others want some aussie bits, Pm me if you like. Dave.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
291 Posts
Hi jamie, if not already organised, I would be happy to help. What quantities are you looking at for each item - just single??

And perhaps we can do a contra deal as I am after a rear spoiler for a FXT and the Aussie ones aren't half as good as yours in the U.S.

Drop me a PM, or email direct [email protected]

Cheers
Andrew

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Dave-t I would look into Yelnats's honey dipper shift knobs they are super duper cool and a great price, that's if he has any more.

·
Administrator
15,398 Posts
Roo said:
Umm...I know of one member here who might.

He also happens to be on our staff.
Yep, I can help out if necessary. (I've been out of town the last couple of days which is why I haven't chimed in till now.)

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow so many kind offers of support and help!!

i love this place :D

I have emailed Andrew at this time, hopefully we can sort the details.

If not I will be pestering more of you for certain.

Really, need someone with a paypal account....
easiest and fastest way to make payment transactions.

Thanks guys!
I'm getting my list together now...

:D

Jamie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Jamie,

I've got a paypal account and I overlook Subaru Docklands from my office. 15-20mins walk at lunch time.

Happy to help.

Regards

Tim

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Also have a Paypal account and 15 minutes from local Sydney dealer

However, you might want to consider the size of the shade as it doesn't cover the entire screen. You could probably get a full shade screen printed with Forester (or other) in the USA for not much money - just a thought. Edit - If it is legal :)

I looked at the Subie ones and I like the idea of the branding but I'm going to stay with my full screen cover with foil backing at this stage (unless Subaru throw in a freebie when I pick up the XT later this month.

Good luck and if you run out of options let me know. Lived in the midwest for a few years so still have a few postal addresses to use if needed ;)

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Candy said:
However, you might want to consider the size of the Forester shade as it doesn't cover the entire screen. You could probably get a full shade screen printed with Forester in the USA for not much money - just a thought.
Thats ok for your own use, but could present some legal problems if you are selling these.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts