Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Touring
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any "must have" accessories for the forester? I have a 2014 forester. I live in florida so no cold climate accessories. Just wondering if there are some accessories that people have found to be particularly useful and better than others.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS 5 speedz
221 Posts
3 things:

Window Tint
Upgraded Stereo Head unit
HID retrofit.

I will have all these things in every vehicle I own. The last 4 have.

-B

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
Other than the turbo engine, the only must-have accessories for me were:

- the H/K stereo
- the rubber cargo tray

·
Registered
2002 Forester JDM EJ205 5-Speed Manual
43 Posts
A good air freshener is always nice. Something i keep under the passenger seat is a box of blue nitrile gloves. I also keep a small socket set in the car and a set of coveralls

·
Registered
2010 Forester Active 2.0X MT 2x5 - MT with Dual Range reduction
1,236 Posts
Side protections are a must, if you park often on public parking places of supermarkets, in parking garages or in the city.

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
My must have list is too long. I keep adding to it daily.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
271 Posts
A small piece of black vinyl to cover up the annyoing airbag light near on the dash, I would loose my **** without that thing.

Tint. Don't forget to do the sunroof and windshield either as those two create the most heat.

Road flares are a must. Keep one in the glove box so you don't die trying to get to the ones by the spare.. If you ever breakdown on an interstate at night, in the rain, on the back end of a curve, with just concrete barriers and no shoulder, and your hazards aren't working, you'll thank me (yeah that sucked)

·
Premium Member
2012 2.5X 4EAT
908 Posts
any "must have" accessories for the forester? I have a 2014 forester. I live in florida so no cold climate accessories. Just wondering if there are some accessories that people have found to be particularly useful and better than others.
Are you talking about Subaru Factory Accessories? Or things that we like to keep in our car? Or mods? Or D, all of the above?

Assuming you are just talking about the factory accessories, depending on what you like to do will determine what is beneficial: Roof rails and crossbars, snowboard rack, bike rack, roof basket kayak rake, trailer hitch, all-weather mats, fog lights, bumper cover, etc. Think about what you like to do, then buy the accessories that are going to compliment that. There's no need for a bike rack if you don't own a bike. But for someone who bikes all the time, a bike rack is a must-have.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Touring
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trunk Monkey
lol everybody needs a trunk monkey

3 things:

Window Tint
Upgraded Stereo Head unit
HID retrofit.

I will have all these things in every vehicle I own. The last 4 have.

-B
I definitely have to get my windows tinted before the florida summer starts

Are you talking about Subaru Factory Accessories? Or things that we like to keep in our car? Or mods? Or D, all of the above?

Assuming you are just talking about the factory accessories, depending on what you like to do will determine what is beneficial: Roof rails and crossbars, snowboard rack, bike rack, roof basket kayak rake, trailer hitch, all-weather mats, fog lights, bumper cover, etc. Think about what you like to do, then buy the accessories that are going to compliment that. There's no need for a bike rack if you don't own a bike. But for someone who bikes all the time, a bike rack is a must-have.
mostly factory but I guess also others. Not mods
I am checking at bike racks. There's a popular compact one I've seen from allen sports. I don't bike that often and rarely drive long distances to get to where I bike.

·
Premium Member
2012 2.5X 4EAT
908 Posts
To stick to factory accessories, I really like the all-weather mats, the cargo cover, the cargo mat, and side molding (For looks alone, but it also is beneficial as GMork pointed out).

Going along with what Katekebo said, for essential things to keep in your car, well there are some extensive threads on that, but I think First-Aid, flashlight, change of clothes, spare engine oil, a utility knife, a few essential tools, and a fire extinguisher should be a good start.

And welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts