Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out with Wifelet on Saturday night in her Legacy. It was chucking it down with rain. I noticed her car was badly steamed up on the windscreen. All the other cars parked beside her weren’t all fogged up. She had to put the air conditioning on fir ages to clear the windscreen. Any ideas what it can be an how to fix? Cheers for Amy replies. ATVB . Alan Mac.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,564 Posts
Also get your aircon checked for refrigerant gas levels. If it's not used all the time you may have lost some, reducing it's effectiveness.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,311 Posts
Was out with Wifelet on Saturday night in her Legacy. It was chucking it down with rain. I noticed her car was badly steamed up on the windscreen. All the other cars parked beside her weren’t all fogged up. She had to put the air conditioning on fir ages to clear the windscreen. Any ideas what it can be an how to fix? Cheers for Amy replies. ATVB . Alan Mac.
Car was fogged up before you got in/there ? did you have any wet clothing e.c.t . in the car …Prior to you getting in.... dog blankets ?

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check your mirror gussets, mine had this issue as well as more wind noise than expected. The gap allows moist air to get in the car and steam up.

SG9 Wing Mirror Gusset (New vs Old)
cheers some excellent replies. I have bought some k seal on line as the symptoms of mildew smell could suggest leaking heater matrix. This stuff goes in the rad and you get it up to temperature and it works it’s way round the system and seals it in. That’s the theory anyway. Will do it at the weekend and take on board all the other points and I will keep you posted. Thanks once again all. Cheers. Alan

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,311 Posts
They are! Price has gone up on ICP for the window gussets by around 15-20 pounds each in the last few months... :(
Poor exchange rate I would think , Icp said to me they usually wait for it to be favourable but sometimes they just cant wait for popular parts . same old same old … cost and demand ?

·
Registered
2004 STi
140 Posts
They are! Price has gone up on ICP for the window gussets by around 15-20 pounds each in the last few months... :(
I got one from ICP at around £65 I think, then was lucky enough to get the otherside brand new on ebay for £37 complete with a new window seal if I ever need it. They made a big difference to the wind noise for sure, totally worth it.

·
Registered
2017 FXT CVT
38 Posts
All else fails, you might want to get a couple bags of desiccant. I've had issues with my 2017 XT and my 2001 Outback when none of our others cars had any issues (no refrigerant level issues, the Outback got new gussets to no avail, vents never set to recirculate, no wet clothes - although problem was much worse if we brought snow on our boots into either car). Good luck.

·
Registered
2003 Forester AW Manual with low ratio
141 Posts
ough problem was much worse if we brought snow on our boots into either car). Good luck.
Was going to suggest somethng simple the other day, now prompted by the above observation:
Try ridged Rubber floor mats in winter, swap them with any carpet mats you probably have in now. I find the carpet mats trap absorbed water wheras rubber mats can be shaken off or dry off much more quickly with heater on.
Deep ridged rubber mats stop water runnng off onto the carpets, rather than flat mats, otherwise water in the carpets under the rubber mats is even worse!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check whether water is dripping down through the fan behind the glovebox. If so check this YouTube video

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i 6mt
98 Posts
What is a wifelet? Could of been from breathing too hard, did you have anything on the dashboard we were camping, upper Wisconsin & chilly & had stuff on the dashboard to dry & it got fogged up!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts