Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an independent Subaru repair shop in the Portland, OR area? NW Portland or Beaverton area is best for me. I think I need new wheel bearing for front.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the information.

Thank you for the information, will keep for the future. However I was able to clear snow away from the driveway this morning and investigated the noise I was hearing, it turns out that I just need new front disk pads, which is something I can do with ease (just happen to have a set on hand). Note I checked at 90,000 miles and it did not need front pads, now the car has 142,000. It is my wifes car.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information.

Note I have used CARR Subaru in the pass, with good to okay results.

·
Registered
07 Tribeca
18 Posts
Can anyone recommend an independent Subaru repair shop in the Portland, OR area? NW Portland or Beaverton area is best for me. I think I need new wheel bearing for front.

Superior Import Repair 503 228 8634

Those guys are great, and very reasonable. Unfortunately they're out by PDX

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,443 Posts
Note I have used CARR Subaru in the pass, with good to okay results.
I second Carr Subaru. I've used them for warranty repairs, paintless dent removal, STi scoop painting, window tinting & my AVO turbo kit installation. Some of the work was farmed out to other shops, but all were completed to my satisfaction. :smile:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
I just got back from Superior on NE 82nd and Prescott. They were really good.

Superior Import Repair

I went for a timing belt service. Would do it myself but wasn't really up for it since this is my first Subie and my wife's daily driver. This was Tuesday and the mechanic explained me every step and assured me they only use OEM parts. So I made an appointment for this morning.

When they opened it up it had already been done soup to nuts; water pump, pulleys, tensioner etc. Charged me only $80 :banana:

A+ for honestly and knowledge.

Edit; they also have a shop on 7th and Burnside.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
13 Posts
Another vote for Superior, Richy and the crew ROCK! They are reliable, fast and extremely honest. They truly take pride in their work and LOVE Subaru.

I went one time with a check engine light that I was assuming an untightened gas cap, and they read the code quickly and at no charge.

We've had our 30k done at the 82nd location, and 60k service done at their Broadway location. Both were extremely positive experiences. We've also had a DOJ boot replaced, and they were glad to show me exactly what was wrong and what they did.

These guys are so nice that when my wife used to work out near 60th they would pick up her car, do the work, and then drive it back to her since she was a preschool teacher and had no way to leave during the day! Maybe this isn't the norm, but they go out of their way for good service.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
When I bring it back for the first oil change I am going to have them do some other work. I had planned on doing my own work on the white-line steering rack bushings, and a few other things but it was so easy maybe not. Plus I'd like to let them actually make some money off of me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.