Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Strut tower bars available for 2014 forester XT?

Preparing parts for my up-coming FXT.

Currently a STI 19mm RSB ready.
I am thinking to get a front struct tower bar, but can not find one.

Any experience here? thanks.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
they have the sti one from japanparts. but the price seems too high. I'm currently test fitting some gtspec bracing. Waiting for them to get a legacy bar in and see if it works.

should be 2010 legacy gt

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they have the sti one from japanparts. but the price seems too high. I'm currently test fitting some gtspec bracing. Waiting for them to get a legacy bar in and see if it works.

should be 2010 legacy gt
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem 6sp Manual
802 Posts
Just curious...looking at the strut tower placement in the '14s, they are tucked right up against the firewall. There really shouldn't be a need for the front brace, right? Is this more of a cosmetic accessory on the 2014s?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Spend money on a front swaybar instead, front strut bars are lipstick on a pig on Foresters especially on stock suspension.

Stan

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
The strut towers have always been right up to the firewall on Foresters. A lot of people say you don't need it. All I can tell you is that I put one on my SG and had it until I got a new splitter. The bar interfered with the splitter, so I removed the bar. You could tell the difference when it was removed.

This is not a performance mod, it does not keep your car flatter or pull higher g's. It is a feel mod. The steering felt "tighter" going over uneven pavement and on initial turn in. The car felt more solid. I'm as much a fan of making the car feel better and more enjoyable to drive, as I am of making it perform better.

·
Registered
2015 Xt premium HTCVT
360 Posts

should be 2010 legacy gt
Any update on this?

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium auto
347 Posts
I can vouch for the SSD bar - just installed one myself on my 2 week old XT. It's the way the car should have come from the factory. The bar is very beefy and has no joints - function over appearance (though it looks fine). Front end feel is noticeably improved.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,779 Posts
I also have the ssd (black) and it's a really nice difference. The 2.5 was already too loosely sprung IMHO. This just makes it much steadier.

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,297 Posts
I noticed the SSD and the Perrin mounted on 2 bolts instead of 3.
Is it possible to mount this just working from the top, with no need to mess with the struts?

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium auto
347 Posts
Yeah you mount from the top. It's a 5 minute job. There is a thread somewhere in the suspension subforum where Mike from SSD offers a discount to the forum members. Probably worth checking if discount still applies and ordering directly from him.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,779 Posts
yeah email them and they'll give you a discount. Everything is from the top. Only trick is undoing the bolts under the cowl.

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,297 Posts
Could I do this all from the top on a 2006 XT if they had a brace for that year?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts