Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notices the specs lists that show all the specs on all year Foresters but the US of JDM versions are so different from the European SF5 models that they can hardly be used with any certainty.

I have been looking at a 2001 (july 2001) model SF5 Forester S-turbo and i noticed that it did have Aircon but NO cruise control nor heated seats.

I thought those were standard options ?
Now i'm trying to find an answer in specs/options lists but i can't find one that actually lists the european S-turbo models.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts
AFAIK Cruise Control was an option upto MY01 and specced in the UK for MY01 onwards. (fitted to the 2.0All weather in MY00).
Heated seats are definitely fitted in the UK for MY00 onwards.

Not sure if there were differences for the rest of Europe. (I see you are in the Royal Dutch Army - "Europe" in your profile is a bit vague)

Maybe it is a late registered MY00??

UK specs for MY00 below................

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
I have an original brochure for 99MY turbo

Leather (heated comes with leather)
Auto Box
Cruise (auto's only not for manual cars)

So my 99MY is fitted with everyoption available on a manual - leather!

Everything else (and I mean everything else available) was standard (A/C, heated wiper area, front fogs, Sunroof).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys !
This kinda explains but it's still not conclusive and i guess it never will be since Subaru has made so many different models for different countries, now couple that with dealer fitted options and you can lose track of it.

I'm located in The Netherlands btw.
I'm not sure it is a late registered 2000 model since it was registered in July 2001 and they probably stopped making My00 models somewhere in September 2000 so that's a long time to be waiting at the importer or dealership.

Btw the Fozzy is ALL black, no 2 tone so that matched up with the brochure color scheme.

P.s. Test drove it today and it's a great machine however i do wonder what these Subaru engineers were thinking when they engineered the brakes ....
My goodness, this must have been the worst braking car i have ever driven in.
I have driven an Impreza turbo before and the factory brakes were crap also so i was kinda prepared and aftermarket brakes will be one of the first modifications.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts
I'm not sure it is a late registered 2000 model since it was registered in July 2001 and they probably stopped making My00 models somewhere in September 2000 so that's a long time to be waiting at the importer or dealership.
There were quite a few UK MY00 S turbo's registered late in 2001 - I used to look after one.
Easiest way to tell, (apart from checking the VIN), does it have a central ignition coil and plug leads as per a EDM classic impreza? If it does its MY00.
If it has the individual plug top coil packs then its MY01 as per the drive train in the bug eye WRX MY01 and 4 part exhaust.(but milder cams).

MY01 on, conforms to EOBD (OBDII)

Lots of posts about this in this forum as it makes a difference to what impreza parts fit etc..

·
Registered
99 Turbo S manual
202 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but guess it's better than make new one.
Turbo manuals doesn't come with cruise control at all or it's specific for some countries?
I want to retrofit mine.

·
Registered
2001 S turbo Manual
3 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2001 (plated in 2002) S/turbo manual, 177hp, Portuguese market, and it has cruise control (no heated seats as it hasn't got leather): so either they got CC for the last SF production year or it was market specific.
In either case, it should be quite doable to install a CC - even the Subaru original kit/pieces - on your MY99.
You can check for part nrs./diagrams in opposedforces.com and (to input your VIN) in partsouq.com
Regards,

Fil9

·
Registered
99 Turbo S manual
202 Posts
Thanks! Could you please post some pictures, how it looks in engine room?
Because I have LPG system installed and free space is really a premium now :D

·
Registered
99 Turbo S manual
202 Posts
Oh, those parts are listed for facelift. That answers part of my question. Thank you!
But still want to see a picture, where the module bolts in. From diagram it looks like it my interfere with LPG reducer.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts
It also shows the parts for the earlier models.

A quick google found this

Looks as if the later unit, for LHD, sits where the clutch master cylinder would be for a RHD

·
Registered
2001 S turbo Manual
3 Posts
@ tolxter
The car is in Portugal, I'm in Luxembourg right now!
In some weeks time, can take closer pictures and post here, if this is not solved by then.

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Turbo S manual
202 Posts
Don, you have some nice googling skills :)
Anyhow, managed to deal some cruise parts from 2.5 RS (at least, vacuum actuator, ECU and controls), will get them somewhere in april. Will then, how it will hold together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts