Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Outback
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I looked at the front sway bar on my 04 FXT and compared to my friend's 06 sti as far as I can tell they look the same. The diameter is the same does anyone know what's the differences between these two?

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Yep, except supposedly the '07 STi's front bar is different. They are all around 19mm though.

Stan

·
Registered
2000 Outback
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys you guys are so helpful. One more question how about on regular wrxs? Are they the same size as the sti's?

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
I believe they are also 19mm, but they won't fit our cars.

Stan

·
Registered
05 XT 5MT
308 Posts
Looking at your user name i"m guessing you drive a supra? Man, I would love to own a supra.

·
Registered
2000 Outback
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at your user name i"m guessing you drive a supra? Man, I would love to own a supra.
Yes, I do have a supra but I can't post pictures on here yet.

I was asking are they any differences in size between sti and wrx fsb?

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
I'm fairly certain the WRX bar is 19mm. I know FXT is same shape and size as the '04-'06 USDM STi and is either 19mm or 21mm -- in either case, it's too small :icon_biggrin:. Stock WRX and STi front bars are shaped differently. I have my stock FSB somewhere, I could find it and measure it.. but it would take me time to find it.

Are you looking at using OEM Impreza bar as an upgrade? If so, it's not an upgrade. If you are looking for an afermarket FSB of Impreza fitment, things get more complicated since some bars will fit both the WRX and STi, and some will fit one but not the other. As a rough reference, check out Oakos' STi FSB listing.

Stan

·
Registered
1998 Forester 4EAT
102 Posts
Im currently trying to figure out if a 08 foz fsb & rsb is a compatible upgrade for a 98 foz. The front looks pretty close the rear Im not sure. I havent really had a great look at the 08 tho.

·
Registered
1998 Forester 4EAT
102 Posts
thank you kind sir

Thats kinda what I had figured. I think Ive found what Im looking for anyhow.
Just looking to replace the rusty 13mm or whatever this pathetic excuse for a rsb with something a little firmer.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,684 Posts
03 which?

the sg bars (same fitment as later gd) won't work on the sf. i used to have the i-STi whiteline bars for my past 06 fxt. they never fit my sf. for the rears, it's too much of a stretch. go by the endlinks - if you have the c-shaped links, you'll have to use either a gc rsb or earlier gd (non-STi) rsb.

(Sent from my Android using Tapatalk)

·
Registered
1998 Forester 4EAT
102 Posts
gc gd sg sh ???? what are all these please excuse me.. Im a bit of a soob noob... Havn't gotten all the abbreviations down yet.. Thanks
-Greg

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Not sure about the front, but an 02-03 WRX sedan rear bar is the correct fitment for the SF (98-02) Forester. STI and SG (03-08) Foz RSBs are too wide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts